Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possibly Building a comp?

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    I edited the post above.
    k cool So can you explain what the difference between cores is?
    Last edited by S!X; 03-27-2005 at 09:36 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    I wish :crying:

@VB: yes a winchester core would be the real mccoy, I'll have to look on newegg more and try to find 1.

@Formula1: Nice, with these 2 antec fans i put in my comp t here pretty loud but im used to it shouldnt be a problem. If i do get that case ill probbly put these fans in there if theres anywhere to put em

One question I have about the stuff ive picked out is, would everything run fine and would anything there cause a bottleneck?

Also are "OEM" packages refurbished comp parts?
    OEM means "Original Equipment from Manufacturer". If you buy an OEM cpu, then it would come with the cou itself , and no heatsink. And also it wouldnt come with a manufacturer warranty on it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    OEM means "Original Equipment from Manufacturer". If you buy an OEM cpu, then it would come with the cou itself , and no heatsink. And also it wouldnt come with a manufacturer warranty on it.
    Ah ic

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Actually, AMD OEM chips come with a 1 year warrantee.
    The retails have 3 years.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    lynx's Avatar .
    k cool So can you explain what the difference between cores is?
    Winchester cores use 90nm technology so they can run at lower voltages, 1.4V usually - the Newegg specs are probably wrong. This has 2 effects - they run cooler, and they are generally easier to OC should you feel inclined.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Winchester cores use 90nm technology so they can run at lower voltages, 1.4V usually - the Newegg specs are probably wrong. This has 2 effects - they run cooler, and they are generally easier to OC should you feel inclined.
    Very Nice

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Um ok, Lets say if i was to get all this shite which i dont think i will but yea... the 350 watt psu that the case comes with wont be enough to power everything properly? I dont plan on overclocking anything

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Um ok, Lets say if i was to get all this shite which i dont think i will but yea... the 350 watt psu that the case comes with wont be enough to power everything properly? I dont plan on overclocking anything
    Quote from the 4th post of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    ... F1 is correct about the included PSU...don't even think of trying to use it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Well the psu that came with my case is able to power evrything in my sig. But the voltages are quite unstable, and it seems when i try to burn something, my pc will freeze. I'd highly recommend buying a diff power supply. If you dont have enough money i would recommend getting the athlon 3200 instead of 3400.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Well the psu that came with my case is able to power evrything in my sig. But the voltages are quite unstable, and it seems when i try to burn something, my pc will freeze. I'd highly recommend buying a diff power supply. If you dont have enough money i would recommend getting the athlon 3200 instead of 3400.
    shite...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast