Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't take steroids and pot at the same time.

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    That's how we do it 'round here. Absolutely!
    D'oh, that was me being a bit dense. I kinda did notice the other six threads made by the Dutch lad earlier today
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    repeat
    Last edited by hobbes; 04-05-2005 at 12:37 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    D'oh, that was me being a bit dense. I kinda did notice the other six threads made by the Dutch lad earlier today
    It is hard to understand pain.

I understand that Yogi may seem functional and able to work, but to understand the pain a person deals with is subjective.

I agree that Yogi creates a persona here, but I have always restrained from telling him that his pain was an excuse.

Perhaps it is, or perhaps Yogi doesn't bother us with his daily problems with his pain.

Whatever he receives in disability is a pittance. He is not living a life of luxury pretending to be injured. He lives on the edge to be sure.

Bottom line, I don't try to assume what pain he deals with. If he does get benefits which are unfair, because he can obtain a normal job, I don't care.

He lives on the fringe and sacrifices accordingly.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    manker's Avatar effendi

I understand that Yogi may seem functional and able to work, but to understand the pain a person deals with is subjective.

I agree that Yogi creates a persona here, but I have always restrained from telling him that his pain was an excuse.

Perhaps it is, or perhaps Yogi doesn't bother us with his daily problems with his pain.

Whatever he receives in disability is a pittance. He is not living a life of luxury pretending to be injured. He lives on the edge to be sure.

Bottom line, I don't try to assume what pain he deals with. If he does get benefits which are unfair, because he can obtain a normal job, I don't care.

Well, I do care.

I've been similarly restrained up until recently but it really is a pet peeve of mine. If people want to hold their hands out and not attempt to get work, then okay - stfu about it, if you don't then I'll say what I think about the situation.

As I do with every other situation I read about, should I feel moved to reply.

If a man can drive, walk, type and think then he can work. Yogi could easily do my job, physically - but he can't be arsed.

Pain is subjective but it isn't dependent on environment. Sitting on your arse playing interweb in a caravan or sitting on your arse typing stuff at my office. Your back still hurts.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    TheYogi's Avatar Happy FreeLoader

Thanks, Hobbes.

You really touched me there.

Yogi

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    The other way-around would be more logical. Biggles would be re-animated (defrosted?) when the crisis is over.

Roddage?
    Guillaume, there are attractions to this approach believe me. It is that or perhaps I could run away from home.

Fortunately, the Aberdeen connection is not one that is plugged into the equation too often. At nearly 15 a little rebellion is to be expected + I think she enjoys seeing my hair turn ever more grey.

We have since discussed steroids and safety and hopefully all is now well on that front. I had emphasised no alcohol prior to the trip to the detriment of other avenues. I will simply have to be more specific (and wide ranging) in future.

Lilmiss, your Gran couldn't see her way to lending me her paddle could she?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. Lounge   -   #37
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    To be honest its not that shocking. I was smoking a bit of green at 14.
    Uh huh

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    When you first take steroids they make your face puffy and you look like a hamster ...

ps. dont smoke pot !
    Last edited by Gemby!; 04-05-2005 at 06:31 PM.
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

9. Lounge   -   #39
    TheYogi's Avatar Happy FreeLoader
    @Biggles: You rawk as a dad.

Hope SGG once will see that. If she not allready does.

Yogi
    Last edited by TheYogi; 04-05-2005 at 06:35 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    I wuv my daddy, he buys me chocolate.

@gemby! - My face didn't go puffy but there are a lot of different types so-
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast