Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Arsenal

Is it just me or is Drogba not that good of a player, thinking about it, all his goals have been close tab ins requiring little to no skill, he also doesnt seem to be able to hold the ball up. His only real skill is his headers which he's brilliant, comparing him to players like Henry and Van Nistarooy he doesn't seem that good.

Anyone agree?

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Half time, so far so good, Chelsea have just been slightly better i think, although Arsenal are playing well considering there missing 3 major players, hopfully Chelsea can get an early goal in the second half, forcing Arsenal to force players forward so we can hit them on the counter attack.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    0-0 Was the final score, leaving Chelsea still needing only 2 wins 5 matches against the following teams:

Fulham Home
    Bolton Wanderers Away
    Charlton Athletic Home
    Manchester United Away
    Newcastle United Away

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Arsenal dominated most of the game but chelsea were very dangerous on the break. drogba has a long way to go yet and i also think johnson is a complete waste of space in the chelsea squad.

still we have won the league.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    bah dammit!!!! i should have tipped a draw!!! useless Chelsea cost me money

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Is it just me or is Drogba not that good of a player, thinking about it, all his goals have been close tab ins requiring little to no skill, he also doesnt seem to be able to hold the ball up. His only real skill is his headers which he's brilliant, comparing him to players like Henry and Van Nistarooy he doesn't seem that good.

Anyone agree?
    Yeah.

However, He's pretty mobile so that coupled with being a great header of the ball makes him dangerous but when I watched him for Marseille last year, I was under the impression he was skilful and had a great shot. The goal he scored against Liverpool was awesome. I've yet to see evidence of this in a Chelsea shirt.

You lot definitely paid too much for him, that doesn't really matter but I rate Gudjohnsson more highly and I've always liked Forsell, hope he gets a chance.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    We brought Gudjohnson for like £5 million in 2000 and he's still better than £20 million Drogba, i think Chelsea will bring in a new striker over the summer and maybe get rid of Forsell or Kezman.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    won't Crespo be back from his holiday in Italy next year?
    Last edited by DarthInsinuate; 04-21-2005 at 02:46 PM.
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Yeah, so will Veron. However Crespo has said he wants to move preminantly to Milan asap so i doubt he will stick arround with Chelsea for much longer, the Inter Milan striker Ardiano looks good imo.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    We brought Gudjohnson for like £5 million in 2000 and he's still better than £20 million Drogba, i think Chelsea will bring in a new striker over the summer and maybe get rid of Forsell or Kezman.
    Feck! I forgot about Kezman. He looks to be fairly rubbish and on the way out, more than likely you're right about another striker being signed in the summer. Duno if Mourinho fancies Crespo - he did a number on United tho
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast