Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Avatar

Poster
    Originally posted by Proff.Moriarty+7 April 2003 - 23:19--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Proff.Moriarty @ 7 April 2003 - 23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JmiF@7 April 2003 - 18:27
    <!--QuoteBegin--Acecool
    @7 April 2003 - 18:03
    Actuatly avatars are copyright or copywrite hmm by the person who made it and uploaded it first for 70 years afterhis/her last living family member

Is your site commercial

http://www.acecoolco.com/index.php?page=about

It&#39;s just that it mentions you and your company and implies it&#39;s content is copyright protected. As I understand it the board does not allow advertising of commercial sites. Perhaps I have got that wrong.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify the position.
    Yes, i totally agree. Commercial advertising is not allowed here and in fact has been mentioned many times before. I think the MODS have missed this one.

Here is the ruling on that one:
    6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry to be pedantic baldy, but maybe the admistrators agreed to this. I think maybe you are a wee bit too H4r5h.

I was only seeking an ok from the mods. Basically has this advertising been authorised. If so then cool. Otherwise can we have something done about it.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Proff.Moriarty
    Originally posted by JmiF+7 April 2003 - 23:31--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 7 April 2003 - 23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Proff.Moriarty@7 April 2003 - 23:19
    <!--QuoteBegin--Acecool
    Actuatly avatars are copyright or copywrite hmm by the person who made it and uploaded it first for 70 years afterhis/her last living family member

Is your site commercial

It&#39;s just that it mentions you and your company and implies it&#39;s content is copyright protected. As I understand it the board does not allow advertising of commercial sites. Perhaps I have got that wrong.

Yes, i totally agree. Commercial advertising is not allowed here and in fact has been mentioned many times before. I think the MODS have missed this one.

6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.
    Sorry to be pedantic baldy, but maybe the admistrators agreed to this. I think maybe you are a wee bit too H4r5h.

I was only seeking an ok from the mods. Basically has this advertising been authorised. If so then cool. Otherwise can we have something done about it. [/b][/quote]
    If you think i am too harsh, then you dont know me - i have only just begun. As regards my lack of hair then that was under the belt - or above the hairline - or whatever you foreigners like to call it.

I think the mods are doing a very good job, but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum. Its a shame when good natured people like myself have to be around to keep the law all the time though.

I cant understand how some people are even allowed here, but then its a free world i suppose.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Poster
    This is just spam, missing the point.

Why is this person being allowed to advertise a commercial site.

Mod, Mod, someone is breaking the rules here.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    do you complain about everything merlin?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe+7 April 2003 - 15:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizzandabe @ 7 April 2003 - 15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Rocktron@7 April 2003 - 13:15
    <!--QuoteBegin--MERLIN
    @7 April 2003 - 14:05
    Sob..Sob...Boo..Hoo....somebodys been using my avatar..

Chips man that sucks&#33;&#33;&#33;

Why not compare the dates you both joined and settle something?
    The first joined keeps the Avatar? Just an idea&#33;

Good Luck&#33;
    if you wnated to do that then it looks like i have got it. but don&#39;t worry ill find a new one that how kind i am. i didnt see that you had this same one maybe if you used the form a little more i would have seen it. i got it form a web site 3rd result on google search was avtars.[/b][/quote]
    I always thought you were Merlin, just using a different name. Believe me, you&#39;re better off changing it - you don&#39;t want to inherit his reputation.

( )

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Poster
    cry like a baby
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by OcramC@8 April 2003 - 01:29
    cry like a baby
    really.

that image is up for grabs on animationfactory.com, no point in causing a fuss about it, just pm the person.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    yeah
    if u didnt make the avatar
    or somebody didnt make it for u
    then its up for grabs
    because ive seen that avatar before u even joined
    people its only an avatar
    stop crying bout it

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Proff.Moriarty+7 April 2003 - 17:40--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Proff.Moriarty @ 7 April 2003 - 17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JmiF@7 April 2003 - 23:31
    Originally posted by -Proff.Moriarty@7 April 2003 - 23:19
    <!--QuoteBegin--Acecool

Is your site commercial

6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.

I was only seeking an ok from the mods. Basically has this advertising been authorised. If so then cool. Otherwise can we have something done about it.

I think the mods are doing a very good job, but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum.[/b][/quote]
    @JmiF,
    will look into acecool&#39;s site, may have persmission from VB who knows. Nonetheless followup will be done.

@Proff.Moriarty, Sherlock_Holmes, Doctor_Watson, UKMan (whoever you are)
    too many names, gets confusing -

Perhaps you should check with a Mod/Admin prior to making assumption as to whether or not we are around before you proclaim we have total disregard for the rules of this forum. If we are not around 24/7, it may be that we Mods actually work, remember we do this at are free will. Things will slip by especially because of the large number of members. We catch what we can and react to it or what others provide. Have/or see an issue PM one of us, let&#39;s us look into it. Uncalled for to openly say we have no regard...............
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    to put it bluntly, who cares. you got it back now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast