Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    They sure would...then they'd come here and complain that it doesn't work.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    imported_The__One
    As good an idea as that might be (deleting or correctly naming fake files), I don't think that will ever happen, but one thing that ppl can easily do, is to write in the comments of a fake file, that it's a fake, and write the real name.

That helps, because when U search for GTA 3 ,for example, and find a file with, say, 70 sources, but then U see one source that says the file is a fake, U can be sure (almost) that all those 69 other's are also fakes.....but if U had re-named or deleted that fake file, the unfoutunate searcher would not know that the file is a fake

So in theory, both ways eliminate fake files, but I think that it's a lot more feasible for, like 10 ppl who have a fake file just say that it's a fake, the have ALL ppl who have the fake file delete it from theys comps

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by The__One@11 April 2003 - 00:48
    As good an idea as that might be (deleting or correctly naming fake files), I don't think that will ever happen, but one thing that ppl can easily do, is to write in the comments of a fake file, that it's a fake, and write the real name.

That helps, because when U search for GTA 3 ,for example, and find a file with, say, 70 sources, but then U see one source that says the file is a fake, U can be sure (almost) that all those 69 other's are also fakes.....but if U had re-named or deleted that fake file, the unfoutunate searcher would not know that the file is a fake

So in theory, both ways eliminate fake files, but I think that it's a lot more feasible for, like 10 ppl who have a fake file just say that it's a fake, the have ALL ppl who have the fake file delete it from theys comps
    Who mentioned fake files.

The thread is about files that don't work.

Have you ever thought that reading the previous posts may be a good idea

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    imported_The__One
    QUOTE (The__One @ 11 April 2003 - 00:48)

Who mentioned fake files.

The thread is about files that don't work.

Have you ever thought that reading the previous posts may be a good idea

WTF are U talking about??!! This post IS about fake files:

good tip, if everybody do that the fake downloads will disappear (in long time) and the real downloads will stay  
    I just wanted to tell you sharers that if you download a game that dosnt work dont share it just delete it so other people dont waste there time downloading it.

Unless I suddenly stopped being able to read english, the above quotes are talking about fake files, and how to eliminate them from kazaa....maby U should know that files that don't work and fake files are the same thing

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by JmiF@10 April 2003 - 22:22

What would you rename it to "Championship Manager 4 That doesn't work"

Actually I am convinced people would download a file with that name.
    I am aflutter with anticipation.

Could you post a hash please?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    umm this really shouldnt belong here...

games has a gameworld section.... pandaman stop trying to get posts counts like this..... if u are

put it in gameworld >> verified lol

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    If its a fake, delete it or change the Integrity to "Poor".

When you do a search on Kazaa, it automatically averages the integrity rating out, so if enough people are honest about the file integrity, then it comes up as "Poor".

If you delete the file, then there are less fakes around globally - if you do a search for something, its best to download the file that has the most sources - fakes will have either less sources or a low integrity rating.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Yes I totally agree, also people should name fake files as the correct file. I see some files with a cetain name as the title but something completely different as the file name. These pricks who do this are just as well as the fake files are just a waste of a life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12