Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I hate Best Buy. Don't ever do business with them.

muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2

2. Lounge   -   #12
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl3
    Nice

If my mp3 player came scratched id be pissed off cuz I like to keep my things is the best condition possible. Just getting that kind of money to buy that god damn thing was a stuggle.
    Last edited by S!X; 05-01-2005 at 08:05 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I bought the No 2 son a 1Gb MP3 player from Currys. Only cost about £80.

Two months later it stopped working. He had the receipt but not the original headphones or packaging, just the main unit. The big fella thought that was it, no MP3 player, which would be a shame as he uses it all the time.

I went back to Currys and explained this. The chap said no problem, we can replace the part that you still have. So he opened another package and gave me a brand new unit for the old one.

No hassle, no problem, no asking the Manager, no feckin' about, whole thing done in 5 minutes.

Good service, I shall return.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I bought the No 2 son a 1Gb MP3 player from Currys. Only cost about £80.

Two months later it stopped working. He had the receipt but not the original headphones or packaging, just the main unit. The big fella thought that was it, no MP3 player, which would be a shame as he uses it all the time.

I went back to Currys and explained this. The chap said no problem, we can replace the part that you still have. So he opened another package and gave me a brand new unit for the old one.

No hassle, no problem, no asking the Manager, no feckin' about, whole thing done in 5 minutes.

Good service, I shall return.
    Whats Currys? Ok not im getting confused with this cav/chap stuff

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Its a eletronic store, partnered with PC World & Dixons, i doubt you have them in the states.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Its a eletronic store, partnered with PC World & Dixons, i doubt you have them in the states.
    Dont think so, Never heard of em before

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    They gave me that restocking fee bs when I brought back a DVD burner. I refused to accept it since it was so ridiculous and demanded to speak with the manager who then informed me that it was "policy". I said, "Look, I can see the damn shelf where it goes. I'll go put it over there." Again I get the policy speech. I grabbed the item and stormed over to the shelf and restocked it myself. (ffs, the burners are located right next to the return desk. It was like twenty steps away.) The manager was pissed but he knew I had him. What was he gonna do, go retreive the item and bring it back, then still try to charge me to re-restock it?

Skizo - 1
    Best Buy - 0

You should do the same thing. Then go to the computer section and open up that Best Buy sucks website on all their display computers before leaving.

yo

8. Lounge   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Isn't Best Buy also Futureshop in The USA ?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    RTJ - Seriously, phone them up and explain that as a company, they are OBLIGATED under law to ensure that all products purchased from them have to be of 'merchantable quality'.

I'm not sure if it applies to our US brothers, but over here in the UK we have something called Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

Basically, it makes no difference whether it was purchased online or in your local Walmart. The goods you purchased were not fit for the purpose, and were not as described.

They are trying to fob you off by announcing a 15% restocking fee. DO NOT TAKE THIS. I'm 95% sure that what they are trying here is illegal. There have been a lot of cases here in the UK where customers are being fobbed off by large companies, and only now are we becoming more aware of the legislation that surrounds purchasing off the Interweb.

Ring them back and threaten them with court action if this issue isn't resolved within 3 days

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Yeah, do what I said above or just bs them with what Samurai said. Tell them you called the Better Business Bureau and they told you that the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations Act of 2000 states that all sales must be of merchantable quality and that per the BBB's words, your product does not meet those standards.

Sounds good...
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-01-2005 at 09:06 PM.

yo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast