Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless people should not be able to have dogs.

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think we are only a couple of posts away from putting the homeless to sleep.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    I think we are only a couple of posts away from putting the homeless to sleep.
    Apparently for some, as long as the dog is safe, all's well.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #33
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    They should just give it some dog biscuits.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Obviously the post is not about putting the welfare of the dog above a human.

The point, if anyone can comprehend it, is about humans, who will ultimately betray the trust and well being of the dog, as it no longer brings in the cash, doing so with no regard for the dog and perpetuating a vicious cycle of over population.

The cute puppy can either be tossed in the trash or used to earn money in the illegal world of dog fights.

The initial poster is just a kid, his post was a classic way to draw the opposite opinion, but his instinctive response that this situation is not a healthy one is correct.

People who chose to be homeless, do just that.

People who electively adopt an animal should be required to take care of for it's life and not exploit it for it's money grabbing capability because of youthful cuteness.

This is not about man>animal, this is about elective animal abuse.
    Last edited by hobbes; 05-15-2005 at 11:51 PM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Obviously the post is not about putting the welfare of the dog above a human.

The point, if anyone can comprehend it, is about humans, who will ultimately betray the trust and well being of the dog, as it no longer brings in the cash, doing so with no regard for the dog and perpetuating a vicious cycle of over population.

The cute puppy can either be tossed in the trash or used to earn money in the illegal world of dog fights.

The initial poster is just a kid, his post was a classic way to draw the opposite opinion, but his instinctive response that this situation is not a healthy one is correct.

People who chose to be homeless, do just that.

People who electively adopt an animal should be required to take care of for it's life and not exploit it for it's money grabbing capability because of youthful cuteness.

This is not about man>animal, this is about elective animal abuse.
    The initial post was about homeless people owning animals and not possibly taking care of them, nothing more.

You brought up exploitation. Dogs need attention and food. I've seen homeless give them food out of the trash.

I will not say a homeless person can't have a dog. Leave them be and don't give them money if you so chose not to.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #36
    The initial post was about homeless people owning animals and not possibly taking care of them, nothing more.

You brought up exploitation. Dogs need attention and food. I've seen homeless give them food out of the trash.

I will not say a homeless person can't have a dog. Leave them be and don't give them money if you so chose not to.
    So you haven't read a word I've said.

Fantastic!

Read all the posts, read between the words to the meaning.
    Last edited by hobbes; 05-16-2005 at 12:13 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    So you haven't read a word I've said.

Fantastic!

Read all the posts, read between the words to the meaning.
    Of course I read.

The poster's main focus was the welfare of the dog.

I read your stuff about dog fights and exploitation which was not what Canuk was talking about.

All homeless people that have pet are not necessarily exploiting them so I disagree with Canuk's thread title.

Pretty simple.
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-16-2005 at 12:13 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Of course I read.

The poster's main focus was the welfare of the dog.

I read your stuff about dog fights and exploitation which was not what Canuk was talking about.

All homeless people that have are not necessarily exploiting them so I disagree with Canuk's thread title.

Pretty simple.

No, most homeless people do exactly that.

It is completely logical.

Phase 1: cuteness
    Phase 2: money from fights (you did note that is was a fighting dog, right)

How is this not so completely obvious,

it is not like we are talking about a mutt.

You think that this man will have this dog 5 years from now, are you that clueless?

You are a victim of missing the meaning of his words, as I clearly pointed out.
    Last edited by hobbes; 05-16-2005 at 12:47 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    You'd be surprised at how well some of them are looked after. Saw a documentary on TV a while ago where one homeless guy would buy his dog food before making sure he could feed himself.

And Manker's got a point as well. Most of them were strays beforehand so they're getting cared for to a fashion as well as dog and man providing companionship for each other.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Phlegm
    You'd be surprised at how well some of them are looked after. Saw a documentary on TV a while ago where one homeless guy would buy his dog food before making sure he could feed himself.

And Manker's got a point as well. Most of them were strays beforehand so they're getting cared for to a fashion as well as dog and man providing companionship for each other.
    Also known as: letting the exception represent the norm. I mean, I completely explained this, Do you peole actually read anything other than what you post. fuck
    Last edited by hobbes; 05-16-2005 at 12:50 AM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast