Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the rest of the World have that the USA does'nt?

manker's Avatar effendi
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #102
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I think The US is a lot like Canada , in that we don't have a lot of history, were both very young . The mistake ? the States made is they have whats called a melting pot for all the immigrants . In Canada we celebrate ones culture a bit more mabye ? Just my opinion tho.
    Last edited by peat moss; 05-25-2005 at 03:17 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #103
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Always in response to y'all's shit.

It's amazing when folks dish it and can't take it.

Telling someone to go suck a dick is just an insult like suck an egg. I'm not thinking "let's use homosexuality as insult."

If I say lick a cat's butt...what then....uh would you do it?
    Actually it's more a sign of repressed feelings.

If the first thing that comes to mind while in a conversation about gun law is to tell someone to suck a dick.

You're probably thinking about sucking a dick.

Notice how you are particularly unique in this. No-one else tells people to suck a dick, or stop licking my nutsack yet you frequently refer to homosexual acts.

...and I couldn't give 2 shits about your dumbass psychiatry. If I tell you to jump off a cliff it doesn't mean I want to do it. Use logic or STFU!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #104
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Oh come on.

Even J2 has done it.

It's all over the place, not long ago skizo posted an email written by some idiot on the same topic, as well.

I can't believe you've missed it, off and on some people insult the french on here, seemed downright fashionable to do so for a while.
    America gets insulted constantly....
    So does frikkin france, and I guess insulting france is about as OK as insulting the US.

There ain't a nation in the world that doesn't take abuse from somewhere, it's fairly common for people in neighboring countries to make fun of each other, or hold resentment towards each other, for instance.

Sweden/Norway, England/Scotland, France/Germany, USA/Canada.

And since the US takes a big chunk of the market for just about anything, and we all come into contact with it, it has become as familiar, if not more familiar to many than their neighboring countries, so it's natural, I think, for these kinds of sentiments to surface.

Seems to be how the human psyche works.

It probably doesn't help that a lot of public figures from the US are almost aggressively annoying, while they are very visible to us all, either.

Someone mentioned Britney Spears for instance.

The american resentment towards France in particular is a bit stranger, IMO. But I'm guessing a lot of it has sprung from the french critique of the war in Iraq.
    Last edited by Snee; 05-25-2005 at 03:45 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #105
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    America gets insulted constantly....
    So does frikkin france, and I guess insulting france is about as OK as insulting the US.

There ain't a nation in the world that doesn't take abuse from somewhere, it's fairly common for people in neighboring countries to make fun of each other, or hold resentment towards each other, for instance.

Sweden/Norway, England/Scotland, France/Germany, USA/Canada.

And since the US takes a big chunk of the market for just about anything, and we all come into contact with it, it has become as familiar, if not more familiar to many than their neighboring countries, so it's natural, I think, for these kinds of sentiments to surface.

Seems to be how the human psyche works.

It probably doesn't help that a lot of public figures from the US are almost aggressively annoying, while they are very visible to us all, either.

Someone mentioned Britney Spears for instance.

The american resentment towards France in particular is a bit stranger, IMO. But I'm guessing a lot of it has sprung from the french critique of the war in Iraq.
    Tbh I barely hear about France. I mean searched for a small French reference when I'm talking a whole

You must remember, I am not a Bush supporter.

I think France was on the money regarding Iraq. However France has received the butt of those jokes for being considered rolling over in WWII.

Changing French Fries to Patriot Fries was just fucking stupid and around the DC area...I never saw it. It was something heard about on the news.

The thing is it's a free country.. people can generalize Americans all they want....oozi drip can say we have no integrity, objectivity, and dignity....and I can him a bitch for it and liken him to a racist or even a terrorist who thinks we all should die...yes I lump it altogether...it's fucking generalizing.

Claiming the moral high ground on an insult is bull

I wish I could talk that way. The thing is I don't harbor anything against any certain group to say it. Maybe I'm too happy with my life (even though I always want more) and it seems many folk on here are not and have feelings of jealousy, inadequacy, and/or inferiority and for that all I have to say is

Come To America!!!
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-25-2005 at 04:16 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #106
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I've personally met quite a few Americans, Busyman. My parents travel to the US regularly to visit friends, and some of those friends have come down here to visit us. There's some Americans enroled at my college too. On the whole, I think they're very nice people, stuck with an ethically challenged goverment. But hey... what country isn't, right?

But when it comes to US foriegn policy, the war for oil in Iraq and the rest of the US propaganda I see on the nightly news, I'm just calling it as I see it. I see no dignity or integrity, and there's certainly no objectivity as a nation.

Laura Bush was on the tube the other night wittering on about her worries regarding the world's view of America's image. She should be very worried indeed. We mostly see corporate greed, trailer trash TV, vapid "reality" shows, big guns and spindoctoring. If you don't like what I'm saying, then blame your own media for misrepresenting your great country.

Calling me a racist simply because you don't like my opinion is similar to Bill Maher being branded a traitor by Spencer Bachus. The very idea is patently absurd.
    Last edited by uNz[i]; 05-25-2005 at 09:18 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #107
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

You do it as well though. I've lost count of the times you've used homosexuality as a derogatory insult to someone.
    Always in response to y'all's shit.

It's amazing when folks dish it and can't take it.

Telling someone to go suck a dick is just an insult like suck an egg. I'm not thinking "let's use homosexuality as insult."
    You use this smilie when referring to posts that make references to homosexuality a lot as well, again inferring there is something wrong with it. You're probably the worst culprit on this board for homophobic remarks other than the 13 year olds like Linkin Park. Face it, you have prejudices.
    ...and I couldn't give 2 shits about your dumbass psychiatry. If I tell you to jump off a cliff it doesn't mean I want to do it.
    Suicide is not the answer to your problems.

The thing is I don't harbor anything against any certain group to say it.

That's simply not true.

8. Lounge   -   #108
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I don't think he can help it. Busy is so disgusted with his own homosexual feelings that it manifests itself as derogatory homophobic remarks on message boards. Over-compensating, as it were.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #109
    Inrelation to prior posts

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I think France was on the money regarding Iraq. However France has received the butt of those jokes for being considered rolling over in WWII.
    That's strange then, 'cos they didn't really "roll over", they were caught off guard by German Blitzkrieg-tactics and had to choose between surrendering or suffering massive losses of life, and a fairly certain defeat anyway.

Germany took everyone by surprise, Poland is a good example, they still had horse cavalry where Germany had tanks. And it didn't take them much time, relatively speaking, to surrender either, yet France is the country that's stuck with that image. Nah, I reckon those kinds of jokes got revived because they stood up against the US.

If you wanna' talk about a country rolling over, you should look elsewhere. Some countries took the nazis in with open arms.
    Last edited by Snee; 05-25-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast