Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think are the biggest sellouts, music wise?

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by micolithe
    Metallica. St. Anger is all the proof you need. It sounds NOTHING like their earlier stuff.
    Very true!! There old stuff was awesome. I dunno whats happening to these older bands in the modern age Nothing is like it used to be..

2. Music   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Metallica. St. Anger is all the proof you need. It sounds NOTHING like their earlier stuff.
    Very true!! There old stuff was awesome. I dunno whats happening to these older bands in the modern age Nothing is like it used to be..
    i love metallica, but i have to agree about there latsest stuff, i have all there albums, and to me they have gone all pansy. at download they did rock, they had slipknots drummer and it was blinding, just wish they could go back to there old ways.

3. Music   -   #23
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    If all of the Metallica albums sounded alike you’d be complaining that they’re unoriginal and every song sounded alike. Every album isn’t going to sound like the And Justice album. Just because a group makes an album that doesn’t sound like the one before doesn’t mean that they’ve sold out it means that they don’t want to get stuck in a rut and have every song sound alike.

4. Music   -   #24
    micolithe's Avatar Painfully average.
    Have you HEARD the abomination that is St. Anger? They turned Nu-Metal on us. Imagine going from Metallica to Korn, except worse. It's that much of a drop in quality.

5. Music   -   #25
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    what is people's problem with nu-metal?

would you hate it if it didn't sound good to enough people to go mainstream?

6. Music   -   #26
    Have you HEARD the abomination that is St. Anger? They turned Nu-Metal on us. Imagine going from Metallica to Korn, except worse. It's that much of a drop in quality.
    Quality wise the writing is still good it’s just the sound quality of the album which isn’t so good, but that’s how the album is supposed to sound. The sound that they were going for was stripped down and they achieved that.

Metallica isn’t scared to try new things and this album is another example.

7. Music   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Quality wise the writing is still good it’s just the sound quality of the album which isn’t so good, but that’s how the album is supposed to sound. The sound that they were going for was stripped down and they achieved that.

Metallica isn’t scared to try new things and this album is another example.
    metallica may not be scared to try new things, but it didnt work, the band even say that the last album was there worst and that they will go back to there old ways for there new album.

8. Music   -   #28
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    milli vanilli
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

9. Music   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by claire2005
    metallica may not be scared to try new things, but it didnt work, the band even say that the last album was there worst and that they will go back to there old ways for there new album.
    I find that very hard to believe. That would be the first time in the history of music a band would come out and say made a terrible album.

10. Music   -   #30
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    it wouldn't be

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast