Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: A moral too far ?

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It really is unusual. RF is getting us confused again.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    If one objects to a vaccine on moral/ religious grounds they can do so...they have no right objecting to anyone else being vaccinated.
    So you would deny them their freedom to express this view.

I agree they have no right to stop people being vaccinated, but they must have the right to say it is wrong. To object to it's use.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    I just drove by the adult movie theater and guess what was playing?

Vaccinated Girls Gone Wild.-

Adults only please-

There was a gratuitous use of condoms and bloated syringes were spewing vaccine everywhere.

The money shot and medicine shot made a titillating pair. The chaste will be throwning aside their habits to fornicate to this video.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    I just drove by the adult movie theater and guess what was playing?

Vaccinated Girls Gone Wild.-

Adults only please-

There was a gratuitous use of condoms and bloated syringes were spewing vaccine everywhere.

The money shot and medicine shot made a titillating pair. The chaste will be throwning aside their habits to fornicate to this video.
    You seem to be very knowledgable on the content of this movie considering you just "drove by"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    If one objects to a vaccine on moral/ religious grounds they can do so...they have no right objecting to anyone else being vaccinated.
    So you would deny them their freedom to express this view.

I agree they have no right to stop people being vaccinated, but they must have the right to say it is wrong. To object to it's use.
    The Family research council Isn't just a group of people giving their views. They are a very active and influential political lobby group and it could be argued that the current administration are puppets to theirs and similar groups pressures.
    They don't just say "things shouldn't be allowed" they actively campaign to make them outlawed.

I have at no point suggested they should not be allowed to express their views.... I simply say they have no right to force others to follow their morals.
    We in the US live in a society where pharmacists are refusing to supply birth control to the unmarried. We have the morning after pill refused becoming over the counter, not because it is unsafe, it meets all the medical safety needs....but because it "would promote sexual promiscuity" and "it is the equivalent of abortion" because the egg could already be fertilized.

So no I am not saying they shouldn't be allowed to express their views, they can march in the streets for all I care. I am denying them the right to force others to comply to their values, especially when their values interfere with healthcare.

We cure disease, not point fingers and tell people they deserve what they get

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    "I have at no point suggested they should not be allowed to express their views.... "

" .... they have no right objecting to anyone else being vaccinated."

They have every right to object to that which they think is wrong. They have no right in stopping other people making up their own minds. Provided it does not impact adversely on their own choices.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    "I have at no point suggested they should not be allowed to express their views.... "

They have every right to object to that which they think is wrong. They have no right in stopping other people making up their own minds. Provided it does not impact adversely on their own choices.
    F.F.S.

how many times do we have to say it?

Their "objecting" is manifested in trying to stop it. They are not just objecting by saying so they are objecting by trying to get it stopped. They are a political lobbying group.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28

F.F.S.

how many times do we have to say it?

Their "objecting" is manifested in trying to stop it. They are not just objecting by saying so they are objecting by trying to get it stopped. They are a political lobbying group.

FFS How many times do I have to say it, they are perfectly entitled to. That's what political lobbying is for.

That's what freedom of expression means. Whether you like it or not. If you take away their right to object where does it end. Who decides what can be objected to and what can't. What books do we burn.

So long as they stick to words and political lobbying and stay away from things like violence and intimidation, then no foul.

FFS I disagree with their position, but I defend their right to express it. I said that earlier. I disagree with your suggested censorship, but irony of ironies I defend your right to want it and lobby for it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    It really is unusual. RF is getting us confused again.

I was drunk and didnt look properly.. I knew it was a blue name though

Whoever said it, i was agreeing with it

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by jpaul
    They have no right in stopping other people making up their own minds. Provided it does not impact adversely on their own choices.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast