Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft advises IE users to uninstall Netscape 8

Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    It never fuking ends does it ? You update your browser and bang , your a security risk. Probably best to wait a couple weeks before updating something as critical as your browser. Thanks for the heads up yoga.
    Thats so right...its like the whole system is on stilts for a while, the people who update first really are ginny pigs for a bit

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BushXP advises Kerry users to uninstall Kerry v1.0

Last edited by 99%; 05-31-2005 at 04:05 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Netscape 8 is some shit anyway.

I'd advise FF and IE users to stay with their respective browsers.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Doesn't Windows, by default, rely on some aspects of Internet Explorer in order to communicate with other computers regardless of which web browser you choose as the default?

In a nutshell, wouldn't un-installing Internet Explorer make life more difficult rather than easier?

Be kind, please... I am not exactly a web-browser "guru". Just something I have picked-up/heard along the way.
    Last edited by Izagaia; 05-31-2005 at 09:41 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    agreed
    thats probably why firfox users sadly have the extension called ie view for those sites which dont handle ffx

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia
    Doesn't Windows, by default, rely on some aspects of Internet Explorer in order to communicate with other computers regardless of which web browser you choose as the default?

In a nutshell, wouldn't un-installing Internet Explorer make life more difficult rather than easier?

Be kind, please... I am not exactly a web-browser "guru". Just something I have picked-up/heard along the way.
    yep, and that is also exactly the reason you shouldnt use IE: cause it is built into the OS which makes true separation between local (your computer) and remote (the internet) locations nearly impossible........ which causes those security breaches.......
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%
    agreed
    thats probably why firfox users sadly have the extension called ie view for those sites which dont handle ffx
    ?? is that a seperate extension to download.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Last edited by 99%; 05-31-2005 at 10:22 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia

It's possible to do without it (Removing it would probably screw with webviews on the desktop and stuff like that.), and, at any rate, the bits you need would still work with netscape 8 installed and ie installed but not working I think, even if you couldn't surf the web with ie.

It'd be like a safety feature, really.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-01-2005 at 12:04 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    who uses Netscape any way?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast