Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti War People Listen

Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz+10 April 2003 - 23:01--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ne1GotZardoz @ 10 April 2003 - 23:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MagicNakor@10 April 2003 - 06:27

Edit: Interesting that was considered a flame, though. There wasn&#39;t much heat to it.

I&#39;f you&#39;ll re-read my original reply, you&#39;ll notice I did not say you flamed him.

But you were picking on him.

Your quote:

You wouldn&#39;t happen to have an authour of this "Where are the Jeffersons" essay? Although I&#39;ll doubt the veracity of it, because I tend to do that with people who can&#39;t spell or punctuate.
    Also, please note your misspelling of "Authour" in that quote.

Its his sentence structure that points at having another language as his first language.

It looks like he&#39;s transliterating from his language to english in his mind keeping his native language&#39;s sentence structure.

It doesn&#39;t look like an italian or spanish structure exactly.
    I do get that structure from co-workers who are from Russia and some middle eastern counties.

Coupled with the origin of Hackysack, it seems the most logical conclusion that Russian or some variation is his native tongue.

Of course, I also get a similar written sentence structure from teenagers with Attention Deficit Dissorder, but I don&#39;t expect them to be familiar enough with the term &#39;Hackysack&#39; to use it in that context.

Peace [/b][/quote]

What the hell is "transliteration"?? Do you mean translation?? Are you one of those people that says "Iraqian"?? Are you George W Bush??
    Also, if you really want to be pedantic it&#39;s "English" with a capital "E", "Italian" - capital "I" and "Spanish" - capital "S".

A.D.D - Do kids with that condition not know of the term "Hacky-Sack" because A.D.D was invented after "Hacky-Sacks"?? I seem to recall them being popular in the 1980&#39;s in the U.S. In my day a kid with A.D.D was someone that had drunk too much Kia-Ora&#33;&#33;

Take it easy
    Signature removed

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Nope, he means transliteration.

It&#39;s the act or product of transliterating, or of expressing words of a language by means of the characters of another alphabet.

Or

Transcribing from one alphabet into another. Russian to English, for instance.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@10 April 2003 - 19:17
    Actually, you can spell authour with a "u." It&#39;s just an archaic usage.

Hackysack is/was quite a fad in North America. I do remember being able to buy them for &#036;4.99 had I felt so inclined, a few years ago. The places that sell them seem to be less now, but every so often I&#39;ll come across a place.

Magick,

I did not know you were archaic.

Thanks for the defining Transliterate for Soopaman.

He could have looked up the word on Google but that probably took too much effort.

He much prefered to make a fool of himself.

So hacky sack is a common North American term?

How did I miss that one in high schools?

My high schooling was in the 70&#39;s.
    Was the term in common use then?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    I don&#39;t know if the term was, might&#39;ve been called "footbag" at the time. I think it was. But the hacky-sack is basically just a beanbag that people kick around in the air. I&#39;ve never really been into that type of thing, so all I know is what I&#39;ve seen.

so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by soopaman@11 April 2003 - 02:43
    Also, if you really want to be pedantic it&#39;s "English" with a capital "E", "Italian" - capital "I" and "Spanish" - capital "S".

You&#39;re right of course.

But as an American, I enjoy several hobbies including dodging low flying aircraft, avoiding tall buildings and masacring the english language.

Peace

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Sorry I didn&#39;t Google the word. What can I say besides I&#39;d just got in from work and couldn&#39;t be arsed&#33; Sorry.

Keep dodging the planes&#33;&#33;

So are we FOR the liberation of Hacky-Sack or AGAINST???
    Signature removed

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    I&#39;m all for the burning of hackysacks.

so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by soopaman@12 April 2003 - 03:19
    Sorry I didn&#39;t Google the word. What can I say besides I&#39;d just got in from work and couldn&#39;t be arsed&#33; Sorry.

Keep dodging the planes&#33;&#33;

So are we FOR the liberation of Hacky-Sack or AGAINST???
    Now that I know what a hackysack is, I will have to abstain from any and all future deliberations on the matter.

I will say though, that hackysacks should have the same rights and responsibilities as every other creature on God&#39;s green earth.

With that in mind...Do you prefer yours pouched or hardboiled?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    DontTauntHappyFunBall
    Those idiot soldier you claim are fighing for me,they are not,they are fighing for their lives in the name of oil,second they are being killed in the name of oilsuckers like Halliburton inc,Cheney who runned this company previously,and keeps getting a fat check for future contracts in the aftermath of this invasion,you claim Iraq&#39;s people is opressed &#33; why not liberate the cubans which live only efew miles away from florida, these soldiers are over there becouse they have no brains ,people with brains are the people that create jobs and live and succed in the stream of society,not as leeches of our taxes,and if you read the constitution, it clearly states soldiers are to defend in the event of an attack on our soil ,and Bush has brain washed our minds with bogus allegations,fabrications,all in the name of oil succkes,wait till we get our first oil tanker and ask yourself if you want gas with blood or without,and if you get with ,is going to be mixed with the blood of our soldier whos job is to defend the constitution not the interest of Halliburton ,cheney,or condolleza rize qho was with chevron for more then 9 years.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Ok..Dude I tried to say I was out of line. You slammed me back. I think thats what it is or should be about, nothing would ever change if everyone thought alike. We should beable to slam our leaders because they work for us, as much as that has been lost.

When I said you should read Where are the Jeffersons, I ment it its a great read. If you like George and Wezie

***********************************************************************************
    Hold up though, its very weak to correct someone on typos grammer and spelling to make your point seem important. You can do better.

All of us we can do better&#33;

YOU CAN DO IT&#33;

Any developers reading this, excellent job with the new version btw...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast