Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not nice

ofcourse this leads to the discrepancy with fishing
    and in that case the slaughtering of cows, sheep, chickens etc etc all living foods we buy in supermarkets - but these ofcourse died for a "function"

I dont really have a problem with fishing but then again maybe because they are smaller and less rare and taste great...
    on the other - if these were pictures of them standing proudly over cows, sheep, chickens which are ment for the supermarket /butcher shops - i would accept it better since then the animals had died in a more "natural way" in ze wild (farmers field)...

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I used to go fishing a lot when a teenager. Still would go sea-fishing if we were having a barbeque, I think. I see no ethical debate about killing 'cos you're hungry. People have to eat.

While I don't eat most meat (I eat fishies), I have no problem with other people doing so. We farm animals to provide food for our society, this is a good thing.

Hunting for fun is a different matter entirely. Those guys above didn't have a hippopotamus sandwich
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    We farm animals provide food for our society, this is a good thing.
    we farm animals

ofcourse the reasoning behind killing "safari" animals is that they need to be killed in order to keep the ratio correct to avoid "overpopulation" in the game parks - same fkdup logic applies to whale killing in japan and um....norway - although the whale killing is for the meat & oil......."animals to provide food for our society, this is a good thing."............

4. Lounge   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi

I can see how that sentence might not work

Safari park culls are regulated and tbh, I don't know much about them so don't mind leaving it to the conservationists who do. It doesn't look like the people above are involved in conservation tho' - more trophy hunting. A bow and arrow isn't exactly the best way to humanely kill a hippo

I'm alright with killing non-endangered whales for food and stuff, if that's what they do. Tho' from what I've read, Japan are a bit over-zealous in their pursuit of whaling.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I don't see the big deal.

I don't see the point in doing it, but then I also eat cow, chicken, pig etc.

Which would you choose, living in your natural habitat and being killed by a predator. Or born and raised in a cage, to ultimately be killed for food. You be dead whatever the motivation of the killer.

At least the animals there got to live prior to being killed. Which does not justify killing them, but there are many more examples of cruelty to domestic animals, which most of us ignore as it gives us a steady stream of inexpensive food.

6. Lounge   -   #16

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%
    Even though they have licences and it is legal to hunt....why?

these people would not even kill a puppy
    http://oldeenglish.org/puppy.html
    it's never legal to gun down a elepahnt

OMG those people shoot be shot !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12