Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you bigoted?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    [QUOTE=JPaul]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    That was even more predictable than your original one. Does anyone think you were not going to post that.

You said that denominational schools were the source of bigotry in this area. Which it clearly was not.
    Then can you explain to me as part of the 'Abolish Bigotry' campaign by the Scottish Executive why they propose to abolish separate schools. While you are at it, explain to members what the main stumbling block to this is.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    [QUOTE=JPaul]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    That was even more predictable than your original one. Does anyone think you were not going to post that.

You said that denominational schools were the source of bigotry in this area. Which it clearly was not.
    It's like watching two eight year olds when you pair start, what's next pig tail pulling?

3. Lounge   -   #33
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    You said

"I think that in the area we come from bigotry has been created by separate schools for different religions"

That suggests that all bigotry comes from separate schools. No in fact it doesn't suggest it, it states it. Unless you have a different meaning for ".... has been created by ...."

How do separate schools engender homophobia, racism, ageism, sexism.

I agreed that it may be argued that it helps prolong sectarianism. In my opinion there are other things which do not only that, but fight against attempts to abolish it.

However they did not create bigotry, which is what you said.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    You said

"I think that in the area we come from bigotry has been created by separate schools for different religions"

That suggests that all bigotry comes from separate schools. No in fact it doesn't suggest it, it states it. Unless you have a different meaning for ".... has been created by ...."

How do separate schools engender homophobia, racism, ageism, sexism.

I agreed that it may be argued that it helps prolong sectarianism. In my opinion there are other things which do not only that, but fight against attempts to abolish it.

However they did not create bigotry, which is what you said.
    If it helps I will change that to 'Does not help the cause of abolishing bigotry'

If other schools were created for the above subjects they would make the problem worse.

As you are not answering the 'stumbling block' question, I will. The Catholic Hierarchy in Scotland agreed to 'joint' schools provided that Catholic pupils entered these schools by separate doors. If that is not bigotry then I am lost for words.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    What do you mean "If it helps I will change that to 'Does not help the cause of abolishing bigotry'"

That is an entirely different proposition from your original one. So no, it doesn't help, it actually confuses matters.

Are you still saying "I think that in the area we come from bigotry has been created by separate schools for different religions" or are you retracting that statement.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I love when folks are backed into corners.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I love when folks are backed into corners.
    The urge to type "ooer missus" is overwhelming.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    What do you mean "If it helps I will change that to 'Does not help the cause of abolishing bigotry'"

That is an entirely different proposition from your original one. So no, it doesn't help, it actually confuses matters.

Are you still saying "I think that in the area we come from bigotry has been created by separate schools for different religions" or are you retracting that statement.
    No I am not retracting that statement. I said if it helps. Children are allowed to play together until they are five. They are then separated to different schools because of paticular religion. That sets them 'apart'. Creating bigotry.
    You can be pedantic in statements or anything you want. Separate schools creates bigotry. End of story.

@ Busyman, unless you know the local situation and all its implications ,dont comment.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    [QUOTE=(>Zero Cool<)]

It's like watching two eight year olds when you pair start, what's next pig tail pulling?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by (>Zero Cool<)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    I think I'd know if i was bigfoot, what a stupid thread
    @snny, to be honest i'm not sure anymore what i meant I guess the point that was made when I had the conversation was that although you may think of yourelf as not being any of the various ist's or ism's mentioned above if you are really honest with yourself there are situations that you pre-judge (sp or manker as I will now refer to it) people when you learn a certain piece of info about them e.g. race, colour, religious belief, nationality etc etc
    Like I said, I don't think "pre-judging" someone makes you part of any -ism on its own.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast