Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Are you bigoted?

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    it is unusual to class something as a 'debate' in which you can call your so called opponent an 'arsehole'
    Don't be ridiculous, anyone that disagrees with me in a debate deserves to be called an arsehole, arsehole.

Btw, my picking you up on the definition of bigot at the start of the thread wasn't pendantry in the least. I saw what you posted and from knowing you a bit better than just words on a screen was a little perturbed by you setting yourself up as bigoted when I was pretty sure it wasn't the case.

We're all a bit prejudiced now and again (the good lawd only knows how many times I scream 'fecking women drivers' at the traffic on my way to work each day). Being a bigot is something entirely different and is particularly loathsome - I made the distinction in a benevolent way
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    it is unusual to class something as a 'debate' in which you can call your so called opponent an 'arsehole'
    Don't be ridiculous, anyone that disagrees with me in a debate deserves to be called an arsehole, arsehole.

Btw, my picking you up on the definition of bigot at the start of the thread wasn't pendantry in the least. I saw what you posted and from knowing you a bit better than just words on a screen was a little perturbed by you setting yourself up as bigoted when I was pretty sure it wasn't the case.

We're all a bit prejudiced now and again (the good lawd only knows how many times I scream 'fecking women drivers' at the traffic on my way to work each day). Being a bigot is something entirely different and is particularly loathsome - I made the distinction in a benevolent way
    ...ehm ......the comment wasn't aimed at you ..think we got our wires crossed somewhere ....oh and it's all to do with who you are and the way in which you call someone an asshole

re picking me up on my definition...you were quite right , I know what I meant, least I think I did, but it became apparent very soon after creating the thread that i had not explained myself clearly nor had i worded my thoughts particularly well but if I had tried to explain further I reckon I would have just dug a deeper hole so I just left it.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by (>Zero Cool<)

...ehm ......the comment wasn't aimed at you ..think we got our wires crossed somewhere ....oh and it's all to do with who you are and the way in which you call someone an asshole

re picking me up on my definition...you were quite right , I know what I meant, least I think I did, but it became apparent very soon after creating the thread that i had not explained myself clearly nor had i worded my thoughts particularly well but if I had tried to explain further I reckon I would have just dug a deeper hole so I just left it.

edit : ps oh yeah and thanks .well not so much for the arsehole comment but for the other bits

4. Lounge   -   #54
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    It is customary to debate points until someone behaves like an arsehole. It is then considered perfectly acceptable to refer to them as such.

I thought everyone knew that.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    It is customary to debate points until someone behaves like an arsehole. It is then considered perfectly acceptable to refer to them as such.

as you can prolly tell I usually lose any debate as soon as I open my mouth/start typing so I didn't know what etiquette was for any further stage.

6. Lounge   -   #56

as you can prolly tell I usually lose any debate as soon as I open my mouth/start typing so I didn't know what etiquette was for any fur:er stage.
    I get round that by never stopping.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    manker's Avatar effendi

Yeah, I knew it was aimed at JP but I fancied posting some self-indulgent rubbish as an accompaniment to the other
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Lounge   -   #58

Yeah, I knew it was aimed at JP but I fancied posting some self-indulgent rubbish as an accompaniment to the other
    s'cool I never understand half of what you say/type but I figure you mean well

9. Lounge   -   #59

as you can prolly tell I usually lose any debate as soon as I open my mouth/start typing so I didn't know what etiquette was for any fur:er stage.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    manker's Avatar effendi

No you don't, ar5eh01e.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456