Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hometowns

@q1 :"cotopaxi" volcano
    @q2 : where the world ends & natives moods are based on temperature which are 80% in the minus

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    I think this is where you was born http://www.earthcam.com/southamerica/ecuador/quito/
    and your now in Antartica

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

3. Lounge   -   #23

nice cam - however going up to that monument is quite dangerous - tons of thugs there..
    Last edited by 99%; 07-21-2005 at 07:02 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I was born in Mississauga, Canada but i dont remember that because after i was born we needed more space.

Then we moved to the beaches in Toronto:

Then when i was 6 or 7 we moved to Pickering, Canada.

And low i live in a crappy little town called Uxbridge, in a shitty house in an expensive neighbourhood because one day after our house is fixed up its suppost to be worth half a million dollars. But untill then its a war zone

This is all in a span of 15 years.
    Last edited by Smith; 07-23-2005 at 03:52 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    lynx's Avatar .
    I was raised and have lived in and around Halifax, West Yorkshire, although I was actually born in nearby Bradford.

Here's a picture of part of the "Piece Hall", an 18th Century Cloth Hall where waevers could sell their "pieces".
    It is now used for several open air markets, and a number of special events.
    The stage in the centre was for a performance of Shakespeare, The Merchant Of Venice in this instance if I remember rightly.

Unfortunately that picture doesn't really give a true impression of the size of the place, so here's another.
    The sunlit area in the centre of this picture is the area in shadow to the right of the picture above.

Shibden Hall dates from about 1420.

Halifax Town Hall was completed in 1863.

If you think the architecture looks familiar, that's because it was designed by Charles Barry, architect of the Houses of Parliament.

Finally, Halifax's ultimate method of retribution, a gibbet was not a device for hanging people, it was an early form of guillotine.

Edit: those from the uk will know we also have a "small" bank.
    I think this guy runs it.
    Last edited by lynx; 07-23-2005 at 11:44 AM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Guildford

Home of;

Top Gear

Charlie From Busted

War Of The World Aliens

7. Lounge   -   #27
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    One of those wierd sites I found about Kilmarnock.

The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else

• New Farm Loch is very dangerous.
    • We have odd sculptures dotted around the place. Fish and the like...
    • a lot of kids hang around the town centre and housing estates leading to vandalsim but to be fair there is nowhere for them to go and nothing to do.
    • Ah wis seek at Harry fae Norway's hoose when ah wis 17! His maw made me eat a fry-up efter it that wid kill an elephant, so ah wis seek aw the way hame tae!
    • Good Reading about John Muir who hailed from Kilmarnock, Scotland in 1848.
    • Whit do you call a kappa-ned's girlfriend, if she's wearing a white shellsuit? THE BRIDE...!!!
    • Rarely has Kilmarnock been the site of a UFO sighting... proof indeed that there is intelligent life in space(there certainly isn't any this side of Riccarton!).
    • Kilmarnock has a very high proportion of ugly people. They usually congregate around the main street on a Saturday, around the statue of Burns. See how many you can spot. Especially Bigboab waving to Rip The Jacker. There are some gorgeous people in Kilmarnock, but the uggers outnumber them 10 to 1.
    • KIlmarnock is steeped in history, and has been the scene of many historic battle-sites throughout Scotland's turbulent past. Mostly in John Finnie Street on a good weekend, and under cover of darkness...
    • Haunted Scotland......paranormal group interested in ghosts of Kilmarnock and surrounding area's. Please Email any experiences UFO sightings\ mystery animal sightings etc. Mark\ Haunted Scotland. [email protected]
    • There is a shocking number of(kappa neds) that hang around the mall on Saturday. (I should know since I work there.)
    • Lots of Slappe.....sorry, free love giving nice ladies.
    • Please don't walk out of doors with (a) A Union jack, or anything which might signify Englishness (b) An Ayr united shirt on (Especially after a Scottish Cup Tie)
    • The best place to get a haircut in Kilmarnock is in Gerard's in London Road.
    • For those in Kilmarnock without a washing machine the ladies at the Bonnyton Laundrette do a really good service wash.
    • Stay out of Shortlees at night time (especially Sunnyside where old Annies boy's are in control). The place to be on a Saturday night is the Big Break, in Titchfield Street, although some say it's grab a grannie night...
    • The best thing to come out of Kilmarnock is the A77 or the railway line. If you aren't tanked up already on the whisky. Only joking! They say that gay scene wise one should go to the Kay Park Tavern on Monday nights as that's gay night... but I don't think so! Anybody in the know goes to Glasgow at the weekend... as the scene is much better there! Even Dundee has a better gay scene than Kilmarnock, and that's really saying something!

Anyway, the museum is very good... it's upstairs from the library and the art gallery is in the same building... they do get some good touring exhibitions there... for instance the Bridget Riley Op Art retrospective they had on there a few years ago. So it's not all bad there after all.
    • Kilmarnock is the home of Scotland's oldest professional football club, the Kilmarnock Killie. Organized in l869, the Killie play in Rugby Park, Kilmarnock in an 18,120 seat stadium which is new this year. They are presently seventh in the ten-team premier division. (Feb. 11, l996)
    • Also The Robert Burns Museum
    • You forgot the most famous thing about Killie! It is the home of one of Scotland's most widely known exports - Johnnie Walker whisky. I've had the pleasure of touring their facilities twice. Once during the time I was stationed at the U.S. Navy Holy Loch submarine base from 1979-1981 and once while on holiday in March 1986.
    • Kilmarnock has got a really good library, complete with an Internet connection.
    Last edited by bigboab; 07-25-2005 at 09:31 AM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    am i the only person who lives in a shit tip?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    am i the only person who lives in a shit tip?
    Nah, you're just the only one who was completely honest.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    yeah honesty sucks.

we have a rugby team that's about to get relegated from division one or something

don't really follow rugby

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast