Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To me, terrorism is exciting

MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    War has never been so much fun.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i think i saw something in this thread about how real-life is different from films, so you don't have the same feelings about real life.

that's bullshit. films are designed to be realistic. they're designed to play on your emotions and dettach you from the real world and take you away to another place. you form emotional links with the characters and feel scared for them and exhilerated by the random destruction, then upset when they die. only afterwards do you tell yourself it's only a film and forget it.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl3
    I think the very idea that someone might set off a bomb in Macy's and kill several hundred people is exciting and stimulating, and I see it as a form of entertainment.
    You are a sick mother arn't you.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_28
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl3
    I think the very idea that someone might set off a bomb in Macy's and kill several hundred people is exciting and stimulating, and I see it as a form of entertainment.
    You are a sick mother arn't you.

You've been a member for well over a year without making a post, obviously muchspl's comments have mightily offended you.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i think i saw something in this thread about how real-life is different from films, so you don't have the same feelings about real life.

that's bullshit. films are designed to be realistic. they're designed to play on your emotions and dettach you from the real world and take you away to another place. you form emotional links with the characters and feel scared for them and exhilerated by the random destruction, then upset when they die. only afterwards do you tell yourself it's only a film and forget it.

You do form links with the characters and the story, but you cannot say the feelings are quite the same.

At some level, you are always going to know that the movie is not real and the events taking place are not real. If that were not the case, I sincerely doubt you would stay in your seat, eyes glued to the screen busily munching away on popcorn and sipping your favorite beverage.

Likewise, I doubt many people stand at the barricades to these tragic events eating m+m's and elbowing their friends, nodding and grinning each time another body bag passes by.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    go and live in iraq if you want that sort of thing and leave innocent people out of it.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by tracydani
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

You do form links with the characters and the story, but you cannot say the feelings are quite the same.

At some level, you are always going to know that the movie is not real and the events taking place are not real. If that were not the case, I sincerely doubt you would stay in your seat, eyes glued to the screen busily munching away on popcorn and sipping your favorite beverage.

Likewise, I doubt many people stand at the barricades to these tragic events eating m+m's and elbowing their friends, nodding and grinning each time another body bag passes by.

TD
    of course you're gonna know that the people and events aren't real, but the feelings are the same.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I would have to disagree with you on that Dave.

Deep down in your subconscious you're brain knows that what its watching isn't real and therefore the emotions aren't as strong as they would be if it was real life in front of your eyes outside on the street

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    I would have to disagree with you on that Dave.

Deep down in your subconscious you're brain knows that what its watching isn't real and therefore the emotions aren't as strong as they would be if it was real life in front of your eyes outside on the street
    i believe the opposite. you can tell yourself it's just a movie, but in your subconscious you believe every second. that's why the feelings are with you when you're watching the movie

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Quote Originally Posted by tracydani

TD
    Well, after watching some live footage this morning, it appears there are a few police officers who were having a grand ol' time as they were having a throurough and prolonged laugh fest.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast