Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: death sentence in the uk?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It's not a new word. It's an acronym that's fairly widespread, I thought.[/QUOTE]
    It is not spread in my back yard though. I thought a man of your standing would have said nimbyistic. Far be it for me to correct you.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    It's not a new word. It's an acronym that's fairly widespread, I thought.
    It is not spread in my back yard though. I thought a man of your standing would have said nimbyistic. Far be it from me to correct you.
    Last edited by manker; 07-24-2005 at 07:59 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Find an uninhabited (and uninhabitable) island and air-drop them in.

If all's right between them and Allah, he can do what he will for/to them, and they'll be glad for it.

Right?

Prison island.

"No Escape" style.

That way there is no killing by the state.

It amounts to exile.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Wouldn't that negate your point about executing them being less problematic than incarceration wrt future attacks.
    I didn't say it would be less problematic, I just don't think it would cause any more or less attacks either way
    If we start burying them wrapped in pigskin, or whatever, it will raise the ire of fanatics worldwide far more than simply locking them up sans privileges.
    The fanatics ire is raised whatever.

It has been suggested that these particular suicide bombers believe they will be rewarded in the afterlife. It is this view that makes recruitment of volunteers easier for the fanatics. If it were made known that they would be buried wrong and thus denied the afterlife (I think that's what happens if buried in pigskin but I am open to correction) perhaps recruitment will be harder.

I am for addressing the root causes of terrorism but I believe those that carry it out must be punished. As was said in another thread, it is possible to see the reason without saying it's justification.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i'm thinking life in prison is hell of a lot more scary than execution for someone who considers themselves dead and were willing to kill themselves. more reason not to try it without the death sentance

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i'm thinking life in prison is hell of a lot more scary than execution for someone who considers themselves dead and were willing to kill themselves. more reason not to try it without the death sentance
    Pretty much what I think. However no niceties, food and water and no recreation type thing.

That's more of a problem for a suicide bomber, one would have thought.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I didn't say it would be less problematic, I just don't think it would cause any more or less attacks either way
    If we start burying them wrapped in pigskin, or whatever, it will raise the ire of fanatics worldwide far more than simply locking them up sans privileges.
    The fanatics ire is raised whatever.

It has been suggested that these particular suicide bombers believe they will be rewarded in the afterlife. It is this view that makes recruitment of volunteers easier for the fanatics. If it were made known that they would be buried wrong and thus denied the afterlife (I think that's what happens if buried in pigskin but I am open to correction) perhaps recruitment will be harder.

I am for addressing the root causes of terrorism but I believe those that carry it out must be punished. As was said in another thread, it is possible to see the reason without saying it's justification.
    I see, I thought you were saying it would cause less problems just to execute them. I misunderstood.

I actually think it would cause more problems. Especially the wrapping of corpses in pig skin.

Also, it would kinda validate their claims that the bombers will be rewarded in the afterlife because the leaders would twist it and preach to their followers that even the infidels believe that you'll be rewarded because they're trying to prevent it from happening.

If it's possible, they'd be even more determined to succeed in blowing themselves up

Of course, they have to be punished. As I said, locking them away until they die of natural causes with no privileges would be a fitting punsihment. Much more so than giving them what they want - which is death.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Prison island.

"No Escape" style.

That way there is no killing by the state.

It amounts to exile.
    I guess we Americans aren't qualified to comment on the British question, B.
    Sure you are, I didn't think you were serious tho'.

Dropping them off in a place where they can commit ritual suicide with relative ease and among their kith seems a rather benevolent method with which to deal with these folk.

Kinda like saying "Ah well, you fecked up your suicide last time - we'll take you to a place where even the stupidest amongst you simply cannot fail'

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Why not? It's not like only Americans reply to threads with American issues. We have the death penalty but not in every state and not everyone in the states that have it agree with it. I guarantee that there are many in the UK that would like to see its return.

The reason I specified British is because they abolished the death sentence but held it for treason for a while before abolishing it completely.

It strikes me that if the bombers were born in the UK or naturalised citizens then such acts are at least tantamount to treason if not actually treason.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

I guarantee that there are many in the UK that would like to see its return.
    How do you "guarantee" this, pray tell.

Can you back up this assertion, or is it just a meaningless figure of speech.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast