Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: They Don't Share!

Leeching to me is equivalent to stealing. Both of those things take something without giving anything back in return. And neither of them fit into society well. Nobody likes robbers, and nobody likes leechers too. But not much people can stop them. Cops can't prevent all robberies from happening. It can't be stopped, but it can be prevented. Even if people remove the 'Disable Sharing' option, leechers can find other ways not to share, like move all their files to another folder.

Some people are innocent though. For example, the people with a slow connection (like 56k) can't share because of their connection. Some people have an intention of sharing but they can't for some reason.

All I can say is this:
    Fit In, Or Fuck Off.
    (Quote was by Greg Lemon @ liveNIRVANA&#33

2. File Sharing   -   #52
    OK, look people. you gota remember some of us r only 56K modem users, how can we share files, if we share we lose all are bandwidth and can't download! all you people on like T1 and cable are fine. but it takes us so long to downlaod anything!!! so give us a break!

3. File Sharing   -   #53
    Originally posted by lawks@14 April 2003 - 03:28
    The reason some people dont share is because they have a really small hard drive, and dont have the room to really store many things, its like that on my desktop atm, its mainly a linux box, but ive got windows on a 4 gig drive, so it cant hold a lot...

The thing is I think its ok for people to download without sharing as long as they have a list of files that they have that they are willing to let people see, and if they want anything then it can be arranged to be put on the hard drive for them to get.
    If you havent got a super large HDD then what are you downloading ti fill it up?

Nobodys asking you to share 1000 mp3s but at least share what you have downloaded i usually dont have a problem with non-sharing modem users however im downloading Ghoast Ship at the moment at 10k a second of about 15 people with modems if they all diabled it I would get 1k and and be here all night. At the same time ive got one person uploafing at 10k and another at 3k (Obviously another modem user)

If I see an upload going at more than 10k a second and 4 searched go without finding files I kick em.....
    If they are also on low and not sharing they get booted

Sometimes if there getting more than 10 and have like 2 crappy mp3s and a rating of 1 I usually kick em as well. The basis of a p2p network is to send and recieve files not just leech away..... most of these leecehrs who download files using all my bandwidth probably burn them onto CD and try and flog em anyway

Most modems start at 7 and usually end up lagging it around 4-5k a second anyway why not limit your uploads to 1 or 2 k it may not make a siggnificant difference but the 2k a second for the 10-20 minutes you spend downloading that mp3 that your modem is not using could save someone time later on.

4. File Sharing   -   #54
    Poster
    Has anyone tried out the latest Kazaa Kontrol version 2.75 Released (4/15/03)? I would like to know if it works any better that the older version.
    You can now verify a leech. Under Beta 2.40 sometimes search results do not come back and a person is bumped although they are sharing files, this problem is eliminated with the Verify Leech option.
    http://www.kazaakontrol.com/

Has anyone found this version on Kazaa? I'm searching for it and if I find something I'll tell you.

5. File Sharing   -   #55
    I need some help from one of you experts on Kazaa. I cannot get my system to share the files I have. What is up with this? How can I correct this problem? I changed operating systems and now it will not share. All of my files were still there and it will download but no one can upload from me. I do not want to be stingy with my files and I have many more to share beside the ones I downloaded here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456