Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too White

whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Where I’m from a lot of reverse racism is prevalent.
    That is perhaps one of the most bigoted things I have ever read.

WTF is reverse racism.

Please forgive me for pointing out that you are a fucking idiot.
    (Reverse Racism) is a controversial concept; it refers to a form of discrimination against a dominant group. In the United States, many people, mostly conservatives, criticize policies such as affirmative action as an example of reverse racism. They say that these policies are race-based discrimination. Supporters of affirmative action argue that affirmative action policies counteract a systemic and cultural racism by providing a balancing force, and that affirmative action does not qualify as racist because the policies are enacted by politicians (who are mostly part of the white majority in the United States) and directed towards their own race.
    http://www.politicalinformation.net/...dia/Racism.htm

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    That is perhaps one of the most bigoted things I have ever read.

WTF is reverse racism.

Please forgive me for pointing out that you are a fucking idiot.
    (Reverse Racism) is a controversial concept; it refers to a form of discrimination against a dominant group. In the United States, many people, mostly conservatives, criticize policies such as affirmative action as an example of reverse racism. They say that these policies are race-based discrimination. Supporters of affirmative action argue that affirmative action policies counteract a systemic and cultural racism by providing a balancing force, and that affirmative action does not qualify as racist because the policies are enacted by politicians (who are mostly part of the white majority in the United States) and directed towards their own race.
    http://www.politicalinformation.net/...dia/Racism.htm
    that makes sense. hank was just talking about plain old racism though

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    has anyone used the term "reverse sexism" on the FST forum yet.

or "reverse religious bigotry."
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 08-10-2005 at 11:53 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Where I’m from a lot of reverse racism is prevalent. When I was younger none of the black kids in the neighborhood would play football or whatever with us. This is even more of a problem with the schools in the area. I’ve ridden a plenty of busses where there were places to sit but the black kids didn’t want a white boy sitting with them. Many times others and myself had to ride stand up all the way to school.

The thought of little kids having to endure racism hurts. I am sorry you had to experience it, Hank.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1

reverse racism is usally when a minoritiy is racist to a majority of people, just like reverse discrimination in affirmative action.
    there's no such thing as reverse racism. racism is racism, no matter who discriminates against who it should never be classified as anything different. if we use terms like "reverse racism" it insinuates that one or the other is a lesser offence.
    My sentiments exactly.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    there's no such thing as reverse racism. racism is racism, no matter who discriminates against who it should never be classified as anything different. if we use terms like "reverse racism" it insinuates that one or the other is a lesser offence.
    My sentiments exactly.
    How would you classify a law that makes it an offence for a majority race to vilify a minority race, but doesn't apply the other way round? (Should such a law exist, of course.) Is this vilification not racist?

So if the majority are committing an offence vilifying the minority, but the minority are not committing an offence by vilifying the majority, is this still racism?
    Sig Removed...too clever

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    How would you classify a law that makes it an offence for a majority race to vilify a minority race, but doesn't apply the other way round? (Should such a law exist, of course.) Is this vilification not racist?

So if the majority are committing an offence vilifying the minority, but the minority are not committing an offence by vilifying the majority, is this still racism?
    Yes.

Regardless of whether the local police look upon it as against the law, treating people differently because of their race is racism.

The vilification you refer to is racism. I would classify a law that doesn't recognise this as unjust.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Perhaps the best thing would be for all playgrounds to have one of those colour charts that kids could stand next to (no unlike the height charts for rollercoaster rides) which would then indicate if a child was light or dark enough to play within certain groups.

Seriously though, how on earth can people make a distinction between being light enough or dark enough, or too light or too dark? With all the multitudes of different skin tones in the world it is faintly ridiculous. I have known mixed race people with very light skin but 'typical' black features and caucasian's with naturally quite dark skin.

It all gets rather silly in the end and it should ultimately be down to nothing more or less than 'if you are all right with me, I am all right with you' and skin colour/race/religion/taste in clothes, whatever should be irrelevant.

Or am I just hoping for the impossible?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Perhaps the best thing would be for all playgrounds to have one of those colour charts that kids could stand next to (no unlike the height charts for rollercoaster rides) which would then indicate if a child was light or dark enough to play within certain groups.

Seriously though, how on earth can people make a distinction between being light enough or dark enough, or too light or too dark? With all the multitudes of different skin tones in the world it is faintly ridiculous. I have known mixed race people with very light skin but 'typical' black features and caucasian's with naturally quite dark skin.

It all gets rather silly in the end and it should ultimately be down to nothing more or less than 'if you are all right with me, I am all right with you' and skin colour/race/religion/taste in clothes, whatever should be irrelevant.

Or am I just hoping for the impossible?

Again, my sentiments exactly.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Yes.

Regardless of whether the local police look upon it as against the law, treating people differently because of their race is racism.

The vilification you refer to is racism. I would classify a law that doesn't recognise this as unjust.
    I'm glad you answered that, because I couldn't make head nor tail of it.

I've read it slowly a couple of times and it just reads like gibberish to me.

Sorry, my bad.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast