Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Katrina...

Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Ok guys this is the assessment of the week that transpired.

The Governor of the state had no worst case scenario plan for any situation like this. She only had 7,000 troops to respond to what went is going on in N.O. even though there was a week to prepare. The Mayor of N.O. who is on TV ranting an raving about getting help also had no worst case scenario plan and he did ask the Governor for help in advance even though he had a week to prepare.

So now we have the situation that’s unfolding there right now and everyone’s crying that the Federal government isn’t doing enough when it’s the Governor of the state and the Mayor of the city who are running things here. The Feds relief took so long to get there because the people who are in charge of the state don’t have a clue as to who to do so they blame Bush because it’s convenient. The President can only respond to what the local officials ask for and they didn’t ask for huge numbers of National Guardsmen, Military police, food, and water to be pre positioned and ready to go as soon as the weather calmed down. Now they’re all crying Bush Bush but they are the one’s who sat around for a week.

Now we have a giant mess in the city of N.O. and no one is in control. Nobody knows what the hell is going on and no one here seems to want to take chare of this situation. Someone has to step forward and take control of this so there can be one person in charge who calls the shots. Right now what we have is to many cooks in the kitchen and everyone is pulling in different directions instead of together. After 9/11 Rudy Guilani was the man in control and he called all the shots. We desperately need someone to take the reins of this so everything can start to coordinate.

Something better happen and fast.

thanks for explanation, after watching cnn last night that is the explanation i concluded - it sounds like beaurocratic political game world.
    When i heard the mayor speak in an interview with wwl radio i thought he was some rapper from the streets - very undiplomatic eloquence which i liked.("man,dude,assholes,bleep,bleep") with alot of blaming - he even says i don't know if ill have a job after this interview..
    i tried to find a recording of the interview - but both wwl radio and cnn seem to have removed them maybe because it is so "passionate".- or as you call ranting & raving - very down to earth guy.
    heres a cuter version - http://dynamic.cnn.com/apps/tp/video...0%26deGMT%3A+2
    Last edited by 15%; 09-03-2005 at 08:00 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    When something like this happens in Australia, it's a federal emergency as well as a state one, all resources are put into place, immediately. Our cities are far more isolated than yours too, but all the wheels are set in motion at the same time.

That this should be the responsibility of the state Governor, and responded to federally by request, is a disgrace.
    Sig Removed...too clever

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    When something like this happens in Australia, it's a federal emergency as well as a state one, all resources are put into place, immediately. Our cities are far more isolated than yours too, but all the wheels are set in motion at the same time.

That this should be the responsibility of the state Governor, and responded to federally by request, is a disgrace.
    You're an Australian then, Cobber.

Or did you emigrate there.
    Last edited by JPaul; 09-03-2005 at 12:28 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    After a went home from work yesterday, I was still having a problem with the telphone central office getting an ISDN line to work for the DC mayor's video conference system.........

So I'm on the phone (at home ffs 'cause it wasn't a field problem) back and forth with DC government technicians trying to tell them to sit tight....

I call a Verizon (my company) central office technician to run a test to see if we see the video conference equipment up.......

While she doing that I tell her, "There are alot of people pissed at the slow response." Mind you I had just seen Kanye West's remarks...it was late.

She says, "Well most of the them down there are on welfare anyway and they are just looking for another hand-out."

Bitch.

I tell her that this is a disaster and has nothing to do with social welfare, it's the most basic welfare...survival.

Mind you I didn't curse the bitch out 'cause it's work (off-the clock work though).
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    Ok guys this is the assessment of the week that transpired.

The Governor of the state had no worst case scenario plan for any situation like this. She only had 7,000 troops to respond to what went is going on in N.O. even though there was a week to prepare. The Mayor of N.O. who is on TV ranting an raving about getting help also had no worst case scenario plan and he did ask the Governor for help in advance even though he had a week to prepare.

So now we have the situation that’s unfolding there right now and everyone’s crying that the Federal government isn’t doing enough when it’s the Governor of the state and the Mayor of the city who are running things here. The Feds relief took so long to get there because the people who are in charge of the state don’t have a clue as to who to do so they blame Bush because it’s convenient. The President can only respond to what the local officials ask for and they didn’t ask for huge numbers of National Guardsmen, Military police, food, and water to be pre positioned and ready to go as soon as the weather calmed down. Now they’re all crying Bush Bush but they are the one’s who sat around for a week.

Now we have a giant mess in the city of N.O. and no one is in control. Nobody knows what the hell is going on and no one here seems to want to take chare of this situation. Someone has to step forward and take control of this so there can be one person in charge who calls the shots. Right now what we have is to many cooks in the kitchen and everyone is pulling in different directions instead of together. After 9/11 Rudy Guilani was the man in control and he called all the shots. We desperately need someone to take the reins of this so everything can start to coordinate.

Something better happen and fast.

thanks for explanation, after watching cnn last night that is the explanation i concluded - it sounds like beaurocratic political game world.
    When i heard the mayor speak in an interview with wwl radio i thought he was some rapper from the streets - very undiplomatic eloquence which i liked.("man,dude,assholes,bleep,bleep") with alot of blaming - he even says i don't know if ill have a job after this interview..
    i tried to find a recording of the interview - but both wwl radio and cnn seem to have removed them maybe because it is so "passionate".- or as you call ranting & raving - very down to earth guy.
    heres a cuter version - http://dynamic.cnn.com/apps/tp/video...0%26deGMT%3A+2
    http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3378111

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    After a went home from work yesterday, I was still having a problem with the telphone central office getting an ISDN line to work for the DC mayor's video conference system.........

So I'm on the phone (at home ffs 'cause it wasn't a field problem) back and forth with DC government technicians trying to tell them to sit tight....

I call a Verizon (my company) central office technician to run a test to see if we see the video conference equipment up.......

While she doing that I tell her, "There are alot of people pissed at the slow response." Mind you I had just seen Kanye West's remarks...it was late.

She says, "Well most of the them down there are on welfare anyway and they are just looking for another hand-out."

Bitch.

I tell her that this is a disaster and has nothing to do with social welfare, it's the most basic welfare...survival.

Mind you I didn't curse the bitch out 'cause it's work (off-the clock work though).
    B while I don’t agree with her comments wholeheartedly she has a point. In a situation like this you have to want to help yourself and most of these people don’t want to. The majority that stayed even though they were told to leave for 2 or 3 days stayed because they thought that it would be safe, and if something happened someone would come to their rescue. Now they decided to stay and they didn’t stock up on water, food anything. They all figured that someone would be there for them if things got bad.

Where I live the storm wasn’t supposed to be bad, which thank god it wasn’t. The day before the storm I bought a ton of water, bread, sandwich meats, can goods and so on just in case things got rough here. Turns out that I didn’t need any of it but you know what none of that stuff will go bad and I’ll use all of it. I’ve been though this many times and you absolutely have to do for yourself and not be dependent on someone coming in to help. It’s a survival mode that I go into before something like this. I think about what I need to do to survive for a couple of days if need be.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107

Bitch.

B while I don’t agree with her comments wholeheartedly she has a point. In a situation like this you have to want to help yourself and most of these people don’t want to. The majority that stayed even though they were told to leave for 2 or 3 days stayed because they thought that it would be safe, and if something happened someone would come to their rescue. Now they decided to stay and they didn’t stock up on water, food anything. They all figured that someone would be there for them if things got bad.

Where I live the storm wasn’t supposed to be bad, which thank god it wasn’t. The day before the storm I bought a ton of water, bread, sandwich meats, can goods and so on just in case things got rough here. Turns out that I didn’t need any of it but you know what none of that stuff will go bad and I’ll use all of it. I’ve been though this many times and you absolutely have to do for yourself and not be dependent on someone coming in to help. It’s a survival mode that I go into before something like this. I think about what I need to do to survive for a couple of days if need be.
    they couldn't afford to leave and had nowhere to stay outside the projects. they didn't want to risk having their homes looted. they probably couldn't afford to get emergency food as it was the end of the month and they had barely enough money to live on anyway.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

Bitch.

You're absolutely right Hank...

They should have walked to the next state or stocked up on food they had no money for.

She has no point.

Who cares what you stock up on if you can't carry it to your roof top. Fuck off. Your fucking house isn't submerged smart guy. Some people don't have cars and SUVs.

Fact is it's very possible that the way you and that bitch ass CO tech look at it, the Prez might look at it and see from the news the most of the folk there don't have pink toes. Quite possible.

I remember some African country that decided they didn't want Jews around anymore. Israel did 24 hr airlifts to get them out.

How the fuck can you "don’t agree with her comments wholeheartedly" but "she has a point" anyway.

It's not like I quoted her for an entire paragraph. She made one statement.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    What did I tell you? You have to want to help yourself.

Not all of those that stayed couldn’t afford to. A lot of people that stayed said that they thought that if they could survive hurricane Camille they could survive anything. They were wrong.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110

You're absolutely right Hank...

They should have walked to the next state or stocked up on food they had no money for.

She has no point.

Who cares what you stock up on if you can't carry it to your roof top. Fuck off. Your fucking house isn't submerged smart guy. Some people don't have cars and SUVs.

Fact is it's very possible that the way you and that bitch ass CO tech look at it, the Prez might look at it and see from the news the most of the folk there don't have pink toes. Quite possible.

I remember some African country that decided they didn't want Jews around anymore. Israel did 24 hr airlifts to get them out.

How the fuck can you "don’t agree with her comments wholeheartedly" but "she has a point" anyway.

It's not like I quoted her for an entire paragraph. She made one statement.
    think about it busyman. "if i don't walk 300 miles in two days the government will give me money"

i know what i'd do

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast