Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do people use this network?

SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yes , eMule is very good for rare files but also good for the newer ones , i have seen that sometimes latest stuff are seen there even before the torrents ... tho its slow but its still one of the best around , far better than Gnutella Network ... but the problem nowadays is that there have been many fake servers around

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Bitorrent and Emule are each on the other side of the spectrum, they compliment eachother perfectly. Bittorrent delivers new releases with high speed but the variety of the files is very limited unless you know a lot trackers I don't know of. Emule is just the huge library where everything get thrown in and is perfect for rare stuff. You really can't expect fast downloads if each user is sharing hundreds or thousands of files at the same time.
    There is one rule to follow with Emule: Just leave it running 24/7. The creditsystem in Emule is pretty good and you can further help speeding up your downloads if you set your currently downloading files to "Release" upload priority.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I can also testify for getting rare stuff on the eMule network. Atm I'm getting something that is basically no longer existant on the BT networks.

Oh and yes, the speeds do suck. The speeds very suck.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Another rare files person here...

Emule is definately the place to get really old stuff, like corny 1970's sci fi

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    my prefs:
    emule: rare stuff, slow
    azureus: common stuff, new stuff, big files. fast!
    limewire pro: common stuff. fast!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    the networks is very slow and you can never get anything.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    For old stuff and things far too obscure to ever have hit BT. Besides I do not mind waiting a couple of days for something (years of dealing with the administration have given me a patience of Dalai-Lama-esque proportions ).

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Tago Mago's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I get all my music off Oink, having got an invite from a kind soul on here. Am I missing out by not exploring things like EMule or DC++? The choice on Oink is pretty great, a fair few rarities, and most everything seems to come round on there eventually, and dls can be pretty fast- new Franz Ferdinand took four and a half minutes, Soulseek was never like this. But maybe I should explore.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    The speed may be slow, but the choice outweighs it. Plenty of stuff, especially rare and professional.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    i stick with it because it's one of the best programs to use to get asian stuff aside from torrents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast