Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A fine example of "celebrity" free speech...

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    What I thought.

More intent on disagreement than anything else.
    How about the Homeless (lots of those in US), Medical Care for the poor (i know someone young, poor and unemployed and ONLY medical help she can get is Birth Control ffs), High Child Mortality (probably linked with the crap Health Care as last option)..

There are plenty of things the US citizens can do to help in their own country if they want.

However, its THEIR money... they wish to waste it (or pretend to waste it on rewards they will never pay) on other things, thats their right.

After all, its better that the child from Guatamalla was adopted (as an example) than no child at all.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    and these

sorry to take your reigns busy, but... well... meh
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 11-16-2005 at 06:16 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

What I thought.

More intent on disagreement than anything else.
    Feigning ignorance ain't one o yer strong points.....or you ernt feignin'.
    Seriously, what?

If the man is intent on getting someone to roll on one of these guys, who are you to criticize?

Besides which, Willis funds a lot of un- and under-publicized causes which are probably along the lines you speak of; this specific thing, however, does not work without public disclosure, you see?

Or maybe you don't.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced

How about the Homeless (lots of those in US),

How many, Rat?

As precisely as you can, please.

Medical Care for the poor (i know someone young, poor and unemployed and ONLY medical help she can get is Birth Control ffs), High Child Mortality (probably linked with the crap Health Care as last option)..
    Our health care is top-notch...paying for it is the chore.

The genuinely "poor" actually don't have an problems either way; health care is rendered, and the taxpayers (like me) foot the bill.

I am not poor, but I have no health insurance, and am stuck with my own bills.

So, when you say "help with health care", what you mean is, someone to pay for it-not the actual procurement of service.

Really, Rat; we've been over this a million times, and you still have quite a comprehensive collection of misapprehensions.

If you listen to me I'll set you straight.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced

Medical Care for the poor (i know someone young, poor and unemployed and ONLY medical help she can get is Birth Control ffs), High Child Mortality (probably linked with the crap Health Care as last option)..
    QUOTE]

RF, IMO J2 is right in this and should be listened to. I don't know what or why the situation is the way it is with your friend, but can only suggest there are other disqualifiers involved here. There would be some variances between states, but not many.

From what I have seen, if you are poor and unemployed here, you receive free health, dental health and eye care, and many other benefits. And the poor and unemployed are not excluded from health care due to pre-existing conditions, as are many whose income excludes them from these benefits.

However, there is one thing that may exclude a young, poor, unemployed person from receiving some benefits. That is the fact that a lot of times to qualify for such benefits, they use 'total household income' as their base for benefits.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Thank you 'Rose.

As an aside, I find it curious that the only medical "help" available to Rat's young non-catagorizable pilgrim is birth-control.

Why that, if nothing else?

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Bloody good question..

A household of one, by the way, she lives alone.

The young lady just had to borrow roughly $2000 from her grandparents to get a Root Canal that was needed, and $500 for a Dr's appointment and "Script" (i assume thats the money for a prescription?) for an infection.

The Only medical help she can get is the Birth Control.

I dont understand your system at all, as ive said before... a country that the government spends twice as much per citizen as the UK on Health Care, and the citizens also have to pay for it.

Dr's must love it over there.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Script = Prescription. We call them "script" here ffs.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    He's quite thick sometimes, isn't he?

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    He's quite thick sometimes, isn't he?
    But charming to a fault.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast