Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LCD TV or Widescreen Monitor

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    forgive the quality, it was a camera phone

Once you go widescreen, you will never go back 16:9 kicks ass

lol, puretna

just realized that i forgot to move sweater/hoodie from there, whats done is done

once i again, i cannot stress enough how pictures will not do this TV justice, the quality is freakin superb, i cant even glance at another monitor without squinting and my eyes hurting after 30 seconds of agonizing pain lol

which brings up my next case, who wants to buy a 19" LCD monitor, HP, dont know the model number (i can find out), lol since i use the TV as my monitor anyway (when im not using it, TV is off, or I'm playing xbox, or watching TV itself )
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 12-23-2005 at 11:17 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Fucking awesome TV. What is the screen size on that?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    @gameguy, its 27",

but guess what I found today ??? Same brand TV but 36" widescreen, with a price difference of only 93 dollars jesus christ, I'm taking this thing in tomorrow and trading it for that one, it hasnt been 15 days yet so I'm covered for exchanges , this TV is huge as it is, but 36"...dear god, ill post pics when I get it

edit: theres only 2 of the 36" left in all of lower mainland, one's at langley, the other on burrard (i think), i told em to hold it for me but they said its first come first serve, ill have to be at the store like 10 min. b4 they open tom. w/ my 27" tv fuck lol
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 12-24-2005 at 08:03 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    More pics before I return this baby for 36" monster lol:

(camera phone = sux, but will have to do for now)

teh box:

"comparison" to room/table

msn+wmp+widescreentv=

Edit: The only downside that I can even remotely think of about widescreen tv's being used as a computer monitor is that most downloadable video is 4:3 ratio, only a very few are ever true 16:9, here's 2 screens to show you what i mean:

but honestly I don't even care about it, it's totally fine by my standards
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 12-24-2005 at 08:43 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    If that isn't a resident feature then I just became one lucky fella since my only expense for modded Xbox was the cost ($70) for a 200GB drive.

Fuck, my coworker's friend gave me the modchip free. It says XECUTER2 (or was it 3) on startup and has a blue Xbox logo.

Not am I playing games free when I wasn't games at all but I saved $200 'cause I didn't buy that Oppo DVD player.
    yah, you got lucky. although... one can pretty easily soft-mod an xbox (basically all the same functionality of a chipped xbox), by buying (or borrowing) an action replay memory card writer, using the action replay program on a pc to copy a hacked game-save file onto a memcard, and then loading that game-save with the game it's intended for. first editions (later editions had the security holes fixed) of 007 agent under fire, mechassault, or splinter cell... there's a different hacked save for each of those. this boots up a reasonably simple install program which inserts the alternate dashboard n designates it as the default dash.

the very first soft-mods were pretty flakey and difficult to figure out, but the newer ones are very easy & reliable.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-24-2005 at 08:39 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    If that isn't a resident feature then I just became one lucky fella since my only expense for modded Xbox was the cost ($70) for a 200GB drive.

Fuck, my coworker's friend gave me the modchip free. It says XECUTER2 (or was it 3) on startup and has a blue Xbox logo.

Not am I playing games free when I wasn't games at all but I saved $200 'cause I didn't buy that Oppo DVD player.
    yah, you got lucky. although... one can pretty easily soft-mod an xbox (basically all the same functionality of a chipped xbox), by buying (or borrowing) an action replay memory card writer, using the action replay program on a pc to copy a hacked game-save file onto a memcard, and then loading that game-save with the game it's intended for. first editions (later editions had the security holes fixed) of 007 agent under fire, mechassault, or splinter cell... there's a different hacked save for each of those. this boots up a reasonably simple install program which inserts the alternate dashboard n designates it as the default dash.

the very first soft-mods were pretty flakey and difficult to figure out, but the newer ones are very easy & reliable.
    That's where I'm a little confused with what this fella did. My coworker says he did something with Mechassault, yet he also said he soldered and it does say Xecuter on boot-up.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    That's where I'm a little confused with what this fella did. My coworker says he did something with Mechassault, yet he also said he soldered and it does say Xecuter on boot-up.
    huh thats weird. there are burned dvdrs (most people use the "slayer" evolutionx installer disc) that you use to install the alternate dashboard when you first boot up with a mod-chip, but the mechassault method is just a slightly more elaborate way to install the new dash when there is no mod-chip. sounds like he put a few minutes more effort into it than he needed to. or else maybe he just preferred to do it via memory card, rather than burning a dvd... that's a possible explanation.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-24-2005 at 05:01 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    huh thats weird. there are burned dvdrs (most people use the "slayer" evolutionx installer disc) that you use to install the alternate dashboard when you first boot up with a mod-chip, but the mechassault method is just a slightly more elaborate way to install the new dash when there is no mod-chip. sounds like he put a few minutes more effort into it than he needed to. or else maybe he just preferred to do it via memory card, rather than burning a dvd... that's a possible explanation.
    Right I have Evolution x, Avalaunch, and XMBC in there.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Lick My Lovepump
    Fark. I'm glad I didn't buy now, look at this monster:
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...tegory_id=4009
    Expensive, dual link DVI required, bah. I'd need a new PC too.

However, this means the 2405FPW will probably get even cheaper, and maybe a revised version.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    jesus, i dont even have a 30" tv much less a lcd monitor. i feel so far behind.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast