Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: After years of the Baseball 'World-Series' being nothing of the sort ...

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Nothing like the excitement of pre-season baseball, in which nothing was at stake anyway.
    What would be at stake?

I also still think that the players should STFU about not taking it seriously because they lost. It just doesn't sound right.

----------
    On a side note, anyone notice how this thread got personal when it was supposed to be about baseball?
    Pride was supposedly at stake, but I don't think most people viewed it as a legimitate event, more of an exhibition.

We are all watching March Madness, which is, to me, the best sporting event of the year. I say this even though my team didn't even make the 64 team roster.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Sports Club   -   #92
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    What would be at stake?

I also still think that the players should STFU about not taking it seriously because they lost. It just doesn't sound right.

----------
    On a side note, anyone notice how this thread got personal when it was supposed to be about baseball?
    Pride was supposedly at stake, but I don't think most people viewed it as a legimitate event, more of an exhibition.

We are all watching March Madness, which is, to me, the best sporting event of the year. I say this even though my team didn't even make the 64 team roster.
    I think A Rod and Derek Jeter lost more pride when they lost to the Red Sox in the World Series than losing in World Baseball Classic.

Of course never discount a foreigner, any foreigner, from jumping at the chance to badmouth America. I'm never surprised.

Oh same here, I've been rooting for my local teams, Georgetown, George Mason, and George Washington. I did see some "highlights" of the WBC on Sportcenter though. When I heard we beat South Africa 17 - 0, I didn't think that was so great though. This is coming from a basketball fan, however.

This is a great March Madness so far! I've got one more week 'till I go back to work. I'm hoping to get some tickets when the tourney moves to DC.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-19-2006 at 07:23 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #93

I think A Rod and Derek Jeter lost more pride when they lost to the Red Sox in the World Series than losing in World Baseball Classic.

Of course never discount a foreigner, any foreigner, from jumping at the chance to badmouth America. I'm never surprised.

Oh same here, I've been rooting for my local teams, Georgetown, George Mason, and George Washington. I did see some "highlights" of the WBC on Sportcenter though. When I heard we beat South Africa 17 - 0, I didn't think that was so great though. This is coming from a basketball fan, however.

This is a great March Madness so far! I've got one more week 'till I go back to work. I'm hoping to get some tickets when the tourney moves to DC.

George Mason? George Mason?

Congrats BM, knocking of the tarheels
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Sports Club   -   #94

George Mason? George Mason?

Congrats BM, knocking of the tarheels
    Friggin' sweet. Great game!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Sports Club   -   #95
    Damn, the WBC Championship game is great so far and it's only the first inning!!

Japan is beating Cuba 4 - 1. 2 outs on Cuba. Cuba got a HR for their only score.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #96
    Japan wins 10 - 6

I bet no one expected that.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910