Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 911 Eyewitness

lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Lynx, I may be wrong here, but isn't that what they do a lot of times in their landing approaches? Especially if the flight path is perpendicular to the runway?
    But they don't land at 500mph, and they also have guidance systems to tell them where they are.

They don't have guidance systems that help them to target buildings. At least, not in commercial aircraft.

Edit: sorry I misunderstood your post the first time. I assume you mean the Flight 77 thing. Yes, they often do that every day, but not all in the space of 2 miles, nor at a 300 mph above normal landing speed.

Btw, you must have some real fast police cars over there. At least 2 police officers claim they thought something was odd so they chased the plane down the freeway. One of them claimed he saw a woman stopped on the freeway. When he investigated he saw part of the landing gear embedded in the front of her car. That piece seems to have mysteriously disappeared - I bet the woman took it home as a souvenir.
    Last edited by lynx; 04-01-2006 at 06:18 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Lynx, I may be wrong here, but isn't that what they do a lot of times in their landing approaches? Especially if the flight path is perpendicular to the runway?
    But they don't land at 500mph, and they also have guidance systems to tell them where they are.

They don't have guidance systems that help them to target buildings. At least, not in commercial aircraft.

On a clear day you can see a lot from five thousand feet, Lynx. You can fly VFR, point the nose of your plane to what you want to hit, and hit it, no problem. I have heard they had been doing this over a year on Microsoft Flight Simulator,..........by following the Hudson river in. Maybe the pilots that said they couldn't do it didn't have the motivation of all those virgins waiting for them when they hit their target. Most pilots are trained to avoid having things like this happen, and would not dream of taking the steps these hijackers did.

Edit: sorry I misunderstood your post the first time. I assume you mean the Flight 77 thing. Yes, they often do that every day, but not all in the space of 2 miles, nor at a 300 mph above normal landing speed.

They weren't intending to land........would that not make a difference in what they did?

Btw, you must have some real fast police cars over there. At least 2 police officers claim they thought something was odd so they chased the plane down the freeway. One of them claimed he saw a woman stopped on the freeway. When he investigated he saw part of the landing gear embedded in the front of her car. That piece seems to have mysteriously disappeared - I bet the woman took it home as a souvenir.
    It seems to me that if the plane was going 500 MPH even if a part of the landing gear fell off of the plane, (highly unlikely imo) and it hit this woman's car, there wouldn't be much car left, nor a woman to tell about it, let alone her being able to park along the side of the road after it hit.

Granted, I have not seen this program you saw, Lynx, but I would like to.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    lynx's Avatar .
    My intention was not to support the conspiracy theories, but to show how misinformation can spread.

Take my example of the two police officers. If the info about dropping from 5000ft and turning through 70 degrees in 2 miles is corrent, then the flight above the freeway must have been less than a mile. At speeds approaching 500mph that would take about 7 seconds. By the time those officers have shut their gaping mouths All they can see is the dwindling tail of a plane half a mile ahead of them, and by the time they've started rolling it's already hit the Pentagon. They probably felt they should have done more so they embelished their stories.

What happens next is that someone says these are trusted officers. Their word is not in question, so something else must be wrong. The only thing that can be wrong is the speed of the plane. That has the added benefit of making the descent and turn much easier for the semi-trained terrorist. Except there's a snag. The explanation for the small impact hole in the wall of the Pentagon requires that the speed is approaching 500mph.

Then there's the bit about the landing gear. If you tried to lower the gear at 500mph it would probably get torn off. As you point out, getting hit by the landing gear at 500mph would obliterate any vehicle, there wouldn't be much left even at normal approach speeds. But in any case, the terrorists weren't trying to land the plane, so why would they lower the landing gear?

Now there is an apparent conflict between presented evidence.

Conclusion - there must be a conspiracy!

Edit: I haven't find out who made the conspiracy program yet, but it should be in one of the tv listings so I'll keep looking. It ends by debunking most of the theories anyway.
    Last edited by lynx; 04-02-2006 at 08:42 AM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Penn and Teller interview some conspericy therorists that are more clueless than the guy in the first video-
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...158523&pl=true
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234