Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flawless.

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad

Dimmu Borgir is alright, not the best, i like the melodic style they play (which doesn't mean i like all their songs, only a select few).
    we can just keep talking about random stuff so....

dimmu borgir, i think, is pretty good at what they do. i dont consider myself knowledgable in that 'field' of the metal genre (there is some real sides to be taken in the whole black metal scene, it's ridiculous [in fact i might get pissed on for calling them black metal ]), but i like the way they incorporate their synths.

like, 'mourning place,' has those cool harp sounding lines in the chorus. the instrumentals, 'fear and wonder,' and 'perfection or vanity' also have cool arrangements imho. there's always this borgir vs. filth thing going on and i'd pick borgir personally.
    I'd pick both lol

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Music   -   #32
    Poster
    Ok well, Cradle are Gothic Metal. Dimmu Borgir are like commercialized metal that has the Black Metal aesthetic. They sold out big time.

GOOD Black Metal is Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Xasthur, Summoning, Burzum.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

3. Music   -   #33
    Poster
    i think i like metalcore because i can't take bands like that seriously. goth/death/doom obsession is not of real interest to me. those guys really like dimmu borgir i guess.
    Why Metalcore when you can have straight up Death Metal which sounds like Metalcore, but is just infinitly better.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Music   -   #34
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp
    i think i like metalcore because i can't take bands like that seriously. goth/death/doom obsession is not of real interest to me. those guys really like dimmu borgir i guess.
    Why Metalcore when you can have straight up Death Metal which sounds like Metalcore, but is just infinitly better.
    cuz i hate bands that play dress-up. i like more hardcore-style vocals (vs the death metal cat snarls). i looked through the list of bands you gave and i saw words like, 'suicidal black metal' and 'epic/atmospheric black metal.' like i said before, i'm not a fan of the whole death/doom/evil asthetic that those types of bands like to perpetuate. the epic thing also sways me cuz i'm not a powermetal fanboy at all ( )

i'd rather listen to job for a cowboy, animosity, the red chord, parkway drive, the acacia strain etc. they seem more normal or down-to-earth i guess.

5. Music   -   #35
    Poster
    Death Metal has nothing to do with dressing up or cat snarl vocals. Black Metal was established in part because they found Death Metal to be too generic.

Cannibal Corpse, Necrophagist, Mortician, Obituary...Now that's good Deat Metal.

But anyways, as long as it's not Emo I'm happy.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

6. Music   -   #36
    i enjoy some death/black metal bands you mentioned, cannibal corpse and napalm death namely. aside from not really getting off on nihilistic stuff, the music isn't really the flavor of metal i get amped about. i need something -core to get my head to snap back 'n forth.

i disagree, i dont think they sound alike at all.

like i just listened to some nile songs that i have and it's ok, but i need more push/pull to keep me interested. same with bands like rotten sound and such. it's the same grind drumming with guitar lines too fast to care about. thats just how i see it. plus the genre is oriented around 'death' and, like before, i just find it hard to take them seriously.

7. Music   -   #37
    Poster
    Hmmm, have you heard Death before? They're awesome... Take a listen to the track Crystal Mountain.

Meshuggah are also an awesome band.
    Last edited by Vamp; 05-07-2006 at 10:04 PM.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Music   -   #38
    yep, death and meshuggah i like. not a big fan, but i like some of their stuff. "death - voice of the soul" is a guitar instrumental i'm quite fond of. a few meshuggah tracks i like would be "sickening" and "future bred machine."

and i have to bring it up, how do you feel about children of bodom, in flames, dark tranquillity, arch enemy, opeth, soilwork, and all those other european [sub-genre] metal bands?

9. Music   -   #39
    Poster
    Besides Opeth (which are incredible) I'm not really too much a fan of those other bands. Children Of Bodom are a bit cheesy, and I really don't like Melodic Death, although I prefer Soilwork out of those other bands.

Opeth are Death/Doom by the way and incredibly influential.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

10. Music   -   #40
    Besides Opeth (which are incredible) I'm not really too much a fan of those other bands. Children Of Bodom are a bit cheesy, and I really don't like Melodic Death, although I prefer Soilwork out of those other bands.

Opeth are Death/Doom by the way and incredibly influential.
    agreed. opeth is a very talented band. the death/doom can be all over their lyrics, that doesn't bother me, at least they're normal people (no bondage gear or makeup).

ok, so how do you feel about hardcore music? every time i die, biohazard, most precious blood, bane, throwdown, terror etc...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast