Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LASIK Eye Surgery

lynx's Avatar .
    Don't forget that the people on that site aren't necessarily being entirely honest about their intentions - there's big money to be made from medical malpractice lawsuits.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    I don't need glasses and have perfect eye sight, but if i didn't i wouldn't even consider getting this done. The same reason why everytime i get that sharp pain in my chest/heart i tell myself that if i get it checked out they'll tell me something bad and fuck up my life. It's just un-needed.

Why can you not just wear glasses? Also what country do you live in? I know it's near the middle east and you must remember the person is going to get minted doing it, so they will do anything to get you to agree. If the op goes wrong they still have your money, you have no eyes.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    Bawa, I scheduled this surgery a few years back. I don't have to wear glasses unless I am doing a lot of close work for extended periods of time. I am near-sighted in one eye and far-sighted in the other.

However, they told me I was a perfect candidate for the lasix surgery.

I showed up for the surgery, and this eye surgeon prepared a pair of contacts for me right before the surgery to show me exactly what the results would be for me after the surgery.

I hope your surgeon does this also.

While those contacts helped my distance vision, they would have made it impossible for me to pick up a newspaper and read it without reading glasses. I was not ready to go there and cancelled the surgery last minute.

Can you ask if your surgeon does this first for patients?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i went for a last consulation with the surgen, i told what are my fears he simply told me not to do it if i feel scared, he said its a cosmatic and not a nessesory thing to do so i can cancel it, the one thing i knew is that this doc is not pushing me to do the surgery.
    i took another doc's number to check what he say.
    btw most common problem with lasik that i came to know it(from here and dozens of site) is wearing glasess for the reading which i hate to do it after paying 5000.AED

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Wearing reading glasses for a short period of time or wearing glasses all the time...I chose reading glasses.
    But unless your very nearsighted or over 40 the surgery probably wont effect your farsite all that much, that you will need to wear reading glasses.

I don't know how much has changed over the last two years. But I do know from when I had it done, that correcting nearsitedness and farsitedness are two different procedures and use two different machines and the farsitness takes twice as long to have done.

My doctor told me that they hadn't perfected correcting farsitness as much as nearsitedness and he didn't recommend me getting both done for the long term damage it may cause.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I hated wearing glasses. They are shit for sports....and the ladies.

I don't see why people have such problems with contacts. I've been wearing them since the 8th grade. If an 8th grader can handle it, surely an adult can.

All it takes is sufficient motivation to put something in your eye. You'll get desensitized to it. It's funny how I've seen people give up on their first stab at it.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    how much are you paying?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    I hated wearing glasses. They are shit for sports....and the ladies.

I don't see why people have such problems with contacts. I've been wearing them since the 8th grade. If an 8th grader can handle it, surely an adult can.

All it takes is sufficient motivation to put something in your eye. You'll get desensitized to it. It's funny how I've seen people give up on their first stab at it.
    My brother wore contacts for several years. Then he got an infection and was advised to stop wearing them or he could lose his sight. Everything has its risks.

He's tried again since and they are now just too painful to wear. It's not that your eyes get desensitized, but simply that your brain learns that you aren't going to do anything about the moderate irritation. But for some people the pain is simply too great, different pain thresholds and all that.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    how much are you paying?
    1,361.37$

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Well, for £6.99, you might as well go for it!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast