Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Yup, just for you

Why thank you.

2. Sports Club   -   #32
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Maybe Chellsee should enter their 'B' team into the Premiership as well.

3. Sports Club   -   #33
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Maybe Chellsee should enter their 'B' team into the Premiership as well.
    They'll all be too tired after their World Cup campaign.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

4. Sports Club   -   #34
    jetje's Avatar former star
    The Dutch league is one of the strongest in the world, with the best and most attractive football played. Average players make it to the premiership that are not even good enough to play in the 1st teams over here. Like Jimmy floyd haisselbank and George boateng. You guys think that english football is any good but with a champion that bought it's team and over 50% of foreign players that start in the teams it's nice to call it the premiership, cause the word english doesn't belong there. In the dutch competition there is a litle over 80% dutch players involved. A lot of teams play well in europe. Not making it to the finals but surving severall rounds and that with a budget as big (or a lot smaller) as chesea payed for chevchenko.

Kalou is a sensational talent, fact that Manker never heared about him tells more about Mankers football knowledge then about the dutch league or Kalous skills.

Btw a dutch team under 21 has won the under 21 ueropean championship with very nice football. All players play in the dutch league, so we just havent that much arrived stars playing here, but we see all future stars play... all Dutch of course

5. Sports Club   -   #35
    I agree with you about 90% JetJe.
    However, no matter how strong Chelsea gets, We have to admit that the English league is has the best quality of football of all! Its the only league that i enjoy watching no matter how "weak" the two teams are!

6. Sports Club   -   #36
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by jetje
    Kalou is a sensational talent, fact that Manker never heared about him tells more about Mankers football knowledge then about the dutch league or Kalous skills.
    I'd heard of him. I'd read several reports about him and heard that he was a good player but a bit of a tosser.

What I wrote was that I'd never seen him play.

The fact that from that you thought I'd never heard of him says more about your intellect than it reflects any football nuance

Based on previous Dutch 'sensations' that don't do well in the higher quality Premiership, I made a comment that he would also prove to be a disappointment - in this case it's especially justified because he's going to Chelsea and won't get a game, except for in the worthless cup.

I notice that a Premiership reserve, Van Persie, is rated higher than current Dutch striking 'sensation' Kuyt, by your national manager Van Basten.

Seems that if you know what you're talking about, you'll lay national pride aside and comment on facts. Van Basten knows that Kuyt isn't actually that good and that despite only playing a handful of times in a team that often struggled last year, Van Persie is a better bet on the big stage than a striker who is widely regarded as the best Dutch striker in the Dutch national league.

You will note that I'm surmising again, I can't be sure what Van Basten thinks that and if the words he says are merely lip service to discombobulate the opposing teams in their group - but his recent actions and words do seem to hint that he rates Van Persie more highly than Kuyt.

This would only be because the Dutch league is poor compared with the Premiership as Kuyt's domestic record this past two years is light years better than Van Persie's.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Sports Club   -   #37
    Which two club teams have sent the most players to the World Cup?

Chelsea and Arsenal, enough said. And also, the English Premiership is the best League in the World. That's a fact, in my opinion.

8. Sports Club   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I'd heard of him. I'd read several reports about him and heard that he was a good player but a bit of a tosser.

The fact that from that you thought I'd never heard of him says more about your intellect than it reflects any football nuance

Based on previous Dutch 'sensations' that don't do well in the higher quality Premiership, I made a comment that he would also prove to be a disappointment - in this case it's especially justified because he's going to Chelsea and won't get a game, except for in the worthless cup.

I notice that a Premiership reserve, Van Persie, is rated higher than current Dutch striking 'sensation' Kuyt, by your national manager Van Basten.

Seems that if you know what you're talking about, you'll lay national pride aside and comment on facts. Van Basten knows that Kuyt isn't actually that good and that despite only playing a handful of times in a team that often struggled last year, Van Persie is a better bet on the big stage than a striker who is widely regarded as the best Dutch striker in the Dutch national league.

You will note that I'm surmising again, I can't be sure what Van Basten thinks that and if the words he says are merely lip service to discombobulate the opposing teams in their group - but his recent actions and words do seem to hint that he rates Van Persie more highly than Kuyt.

This would only be because the Dutch league is poor compared with the Premiership as Kuyt's domestic record this past two years is light years better than Van Persie's.

Just proving you don't know shit about this. Kuyt isn't a winger... He's a center striker that is so great that he can play from the wing when a coach asks him to do so. Kuyt is also a youngster. Van Basten just gives van Nistelrooy the 1st position in the center, but also finds Kuyt so good that there are no other center attackers are needed (like Roy Makaay or another dutch sensation Klaas Jan Huntelaar) for instance.

9. Sports Club   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi

Just proving you don't know shit about this. Kuyt isn't a winger... He's a center striker that is so great that he can play from the wing when a coach asks him to do so. Kuyt is also a youngster. Van Basten just gives van Nistelrooy the 1st position in the center, but also finds Kuyt so good that there are no other center attackers are needed (like Roy Makaay or another dutch sensation Klaas Jan Huntelaar) for instance.
    Van Persie plays up front for Arsenal. Has done for the past two years - when selected. He took Kuyt's place as a right sided striker in the final warm up game. Holland play 4-3-3, do they not - both players would be out of position there.

Hence the point is valid, dick 'ed.

Neither Kuyt nor Van Persie are used to playing that role but Van Persie seems to be the one who is thought to be better suited to the role. I mentioned what Van Basten seems to be hinting at because altho' right sided support striker doesn't suit either player - Van Persie seems to be able to adapt better.

I think this is because Van Persie is a more elegant, skilful player and Kuyt is more of a runner - effective but in the Keegan mold, rather than a Bergkamp.

This probably explains why Kuyt hasn't been bought by a top English side - he lacks class.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Sports Club   -   #40

I think this is because Van Persie is a more elegant, skilful player and Kuyt is more of a runner - effective but in the Keegan mold, rather than a Bergkamp.

This probably explains why Kuyt hasn't been bought by a top English side - he lacks class.
    i see that i watch the premiership and the dutch eredivisie (as a lot of other leagues) and my guess that you don't look much further then late nite 20 minute highlights of the english premiership.

Kuyt is a great player but a center! He's playing at my team, i do know where he plays! Van Persie is not a center striker! If Kuyt needs to be compaired, i guess Shearer comes closest to his playing style. Not a Bergkamp, but way more effective in the finishing.

Engllish teams just can pay up the money he's worth, not even abraham

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast