Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I Need Girl Help Lol

Forum Star
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@13 May 2003 - 17:34
    isn't that right, Lamsey?
    That was sooo cute!
    --&#62; Lamsey <--Weemouse

@ nahan: I&#39;m sorry to bring this news to you, but you don&#39;t know anything about this subject.

@ sk8punk151: Follow the advises you got from the girls; good luck and heads up, we&#39;ve been all there.
    ... And keep bumping this topic, we&#39;re al very curious.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    TRshady
    Bit late, but as said (and most importantly) be yourself and remember she is bound to be nervous too and If she likes you then ........... errr be happy

3. Lounge   -   #83
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by nahan@12 May 2003 - 19:45
    Yeah right girls in general dont want a guy like that .
    NIce guys allways finish last ,I dont care how old you thnk the format is.
    If it aint broke dont fix it.

And im not trying to pick you girls up so dont flatter yourselves.
    Only a feminist wants 100% respect at all times ,because they would rather wear the pants in the household.Im talking the upper 80 and 90&#39;s of respect
    Girls would rather have a bad boy than some boring wuss.

You women should be honest here ,and to your self.
    I find it funny that the women and guys brush nathans statment off as fool heartedly, without even considering fully what he said.

I watched a episode of Will and Grace once, and it shows this point of view to the "t". Grace found a guy, who bent over backwards for her, gave her anything she wanted, was overly sensitive, respected her 100%... and you know what, she didnt like it, because he didnt stand up for himself, put her before him, at all times, not the norm in a mutual relationship, and they didnt have any conflicts what so ever, because he always gave in.

Now dont bullshit me, and say, OH thats what we want... get a clue. I may only be 24... but I have dated enough to know that "most" women at least want some guy with a backbone, and edge to him, yet where she can have her cake and eat it too, he should be respectfull towards her always, dont get me wrong, but respectfull of all her at times, is different... If your guy new did anything wrong, didnt stay out a bit late, and not call, etc, etc, things like (respect of her), it would probably be too perfect for most of you, and not acceptable.

I have seen it, ive experienced it, many times... I always get complimented on down to earth, and sweet I am, my good listening skills, sensitive side, compared to most guys. But also am always reminded that my teasing, and joking, stereotypical guy side, is a perfect compliment, because I know when to use what, and what time is right for such actions, and attitudes..

the key to what I am saying is, there is a balance here... and dont tell me you all want it at one sides extreme, either way, because that is nonsense.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    It amuses the shit out of me that a grade eight skater kid asking for dating advice has somehow degenerated into a philosophical debate about the semantics and ethics of relationships and the history of sexism.

@nahan - you said "Its how society is today.Women are only as successful as how beatiful
    they look ,and men are only a successful as how much money they make."

C&#39;mon, dude. Since you&#39;re obviously a hip hop guy, let me remind you of irony - remember when Eminem said "If you believe that, I&#39;ll kill you (too)" My point is, the only people who are affected by that bullshit, are the people who abide by and believe that shit. Turn off the TV and tell your mouthy friends who have obviously done a great job of telling you what to think to shut the fuck up and come back to the real world.

@Schmiggy_JK23 - you said "...the key to what I am saying is, there is a balance here..."

Totally accurate, but the rest of your post kind of makes it sound bad. We all need balance - in ourselves AND in our partners. It&#39;s our stereotypes (like nahan has) that cause our dysfunction. Everyone wants (if they&#39;re not fucked up, abusive, insane, etc.) someone who can excite them and make decisions and do what needs to be done and be strong and successful, while also being sensitive to their needs, understanding and affectionate. The real problem we run into is that people now don&#39;t really know how to find their match. We get lonely or obsessed with societies standards on looks and money, and end up with someone we shouldn&#39;t even be friends with. Someone who&#39;s idea of affection is our idea of disrespect or dismissiveness.

Anyway, you&#39;re right @nahan, when you say "Respect is a two way street,equaility is great Im all for it." (although I think that you probably just said that so EVERYONE on this board didn&#39;t start calling you an asshole). But the way you describe it is still one way. Remember this: Why would you expect to be respected by others if you don&#39;t respect yourself - HOWEVER - WHY would you expect to be respected by others when you don&#39;t respect them?

Don&#39;t be afraid to be the only one around you with integrity. THAT is how you really achieve the two way street of respect and equality. Fuck what everyone else seems to be doing. Don&#39;t be part of disrespecting ANYONE.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by tianup@13 May 2003 - 19:19
    It amuses the shit out of me that a grade eight skater kid asking for dating advice has somehow degenerated into a philosophical debate about the semantics and ethics of relationships and the history of sexism.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

6. Lounge   -   #86
    yeah you guys are nuts.

7. Lounge   -   #87
    Ex-member
    Anyway, to get back on topic...

My advice to you, Sk8Punk, is to be yourself and to make sure you become one of her best friends. Be friendly, talk to her, go places with her and your friends. Don&#39;t ask her out until you&#39;re certain she wants you to ask her. That way you&#39;ll know if you&#39;re making the right choice.

If you can&#39;t get close to her by being her friend, then you&#39;re not going to last as a couple if you do go out.

Make sure you get a good girl - believe me, it&#39;s worth waiting for a nice lass who you care for. Don&#39;t go for someone just because of hormones.

Some clarification for Skweeky:

Lamsey --&#62; <-- WeeMouse

It&#39;s a two way thing

8. Lounge   -   #88
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by Lamsey@13 May 2003 - 16:55

Make sure you get a good girl - believe me, it&#39;s worth waiting for a nice lass who you care for. Don&#39;t go for someone just because of hormones.

Dont listen to the young pup here sk8...

You&#39;re young, dont worry about finding the right one, etc, etc... its overrated at that time in your life, live for the moment, hormones, who cares, act on them, but responsibly... this come from experience... you dont want to be like people i know, looking back, woulda shoulda couldaing... live for the moment, carpe diem&#33; You find someone your attracted to, and she isnt a total pain, see what you can do...

9. Lounge   -   #89
    Fasttracker A
    Here we go again ,whith all those pre concieved notions of the
    stereotypical male who likes hip hop.(dont like or listen to what em has to say)
    You guys cant gather or read between the lines enough to make those kind of judgments

Schmiggy said it best.And you know what nobody is perfect.
    So why pretend that we live in a perfect world.After a while perfect becomes boring

It just dosent work that way.To me what ive said is obviously taken out of context .You must be thinking of extreme cases ,Im thinking of the most minute cases of disrespect you can think of.
    Draw your own conclutions.

And I espeacially dont expect 100% of respect at all times,I can take a little joke.And if I screw up,I hope my girl freind tells me and maybe once and a while yells at me.Because I dont do it on purpose it just happens sometimes.And makeup sex isnt too bad either.

No one likes to be disrespected, just like nobody wants cancer but it just happens.

Weemouse you dont like a guy that has a little bit of an edge,a guy who would throw down is a secand if a guy grabbed your ass.Ahh thats ok I said most girls ,based on my experiences anyway.

Before most of you gang up on me I cant help but remember a quote from the renaissance that makes me think about freedom of speach.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire 1759 or was it S. G. Talentyre

Edit: Tallentyre said it as a summary of Voltaires actions,But Voltaire got the credit.......Imagine that

10. Lounge   -   #90
    Fasttracker A
    tian

YOU ARE ONLY SUCCESSFUL AS HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE.
    If you disagree tell me then, How do you gauge success ?

If you cant look at the bigger picture than the hell w/ you.
    Thats how the world is wake up

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast