Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    It was you who started talking about the importance of the game, not I. I agree that it is totally irrelevant.

Whether Boruc should have been there or not is also specious and you know it. He didn't touch Giggs, or if he did it was at most minimal contact.
    You're not agreeing with me - for I've written that I think the context of the game is important, who is it that you're agreeing with.

Boruc did brush Giggs' arm, it wasn't enough to make him go down. The fact that he was there is relevant because it's made Celtic fans think he dived when the simple fact is that if Boruc had stayed on his line, Giggs would have gone down in a similar fashion because he injured his hamstring.

Sorry, I can't even pretend to take that as a serious point.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Zidane had previously got sent off for headbutting and had got sent off for violent conduct on three other separate occasions.

Giggs has never, ever dived before.

How is this like that.

==

Answered that separately because it wasn't there when I started typing my reply.
    I was illustrating a moment of madness.

The man was playing in the World Cup Final. He is one of the top 10 footballers who has ever played. He has won the World Cup and God knows what else. However people will remember that moment.

People do really stupid things without thinking, that fact that Giggs has never been guilty of diving before is irrelevant.
    Of course it isn't irrelevant!

If you go to court accused of something - you always get your previous character/record taken into consideration.

In this case, it isn't clear that he dived particularly given his injury, so people involved in discourse regarding the matter should be aware of his previous record.

Saying it's irrelevent is a rather blinkered way of thinking. As if it would be better not to be aware of all circumstances.

As for the Zidane thing, well, he is prone to these moments of madness, it's not really that much of a surprise that he reacted in such a pressurised situation, I notice Italy didn't target Henry at all.

I don't recall Giggs suffering a previous 'moment of madness'.
    Last edited by manker; 09-14-2006 at 10:10 PM. Reason: busyedit
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You're not agreeing with me - for I've written that I think the context of the game is important, who is it that you're agreeing with.

Boruc did brush Giggs' arm, it wasn't enough to make him go down. The fact that he was there is relevant because it's made Celtic fans think he dived when the simple fact is that if Boruc had stayed on his line, Giggs would have gone down in a similar fashion because he injured his hamstring.

Is it all getting a bit much now - you could give it a go tomorrow, if you like.

Maybe after a Resolve
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Lounge   -   #34

I was illustrating a moment of madness.

The man was playing in the World Cup Final. He is one of the top 10 footballers who has ever played. He has won the World Cup and God knows what else. However people will remember that moment.

People do really stupid things without thinking, that fact that Giggs has never been guilty of diving before is irrelevant.
    Of course it isn't irrelevant!

If you go to court accused of something - you always get your previous character/record taken into consideration.
    Worst rod in the World, ever.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBDZeFRuenM

On 27 secs. He 'hops' just after he puts his leg down after the contact with the keeper, that's when he felt his pulled hamstring, that's when he goes down.

He didn't dive, case clsoed.

6. Lounge   -   #36

Is it all getting a bit much now - you could give it a go tomorrow, if you like.

Maybe after a Resolve
    Only if you promise to not take any more heroin ce soir.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi

Maybe after a Resolve
    Fuck's sake. I've just done my Carlton Banks victory dance - more heroin is the last thing I need.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBDZeFRuenM

On 27 secs. He 'hops' just after he puts his leg down after the contact with the keeper, that's when he felt his pulled hamstring, that's when he goes down.

He didn't dive, case clsoed.
    Fixed, case closed.

9. Lounge   -   #39

Fuck's sake. I've just done my Carlton Banks victory dance - more heroin is the last thing I need.
    Such a pity you were early with said dance. Given that your case rests on him injuring himself earlier in the run and you are now saying that it was after the minimal contact.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    That really is sour grapes now.

The chap injured his hamstring, we know cos he's out for three weeks - unless you really believe it's all a conspiracy - it's plain to see when he felt the injury (the hop), he went down because why would he risk doing more damage by putting weight on it again.

He's got important games coming up next month, ffs.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast