Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Save a Wet Cell Phone

Oh, so sticky.
    Now this is just what I needed. Here, the other day, I dropped my cell phone in the toilet.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #12
    Music Fascist BT Rep: +1
    ah dear, wish id known this before ive destroyed 2 phones like this

handily they were £20 models but even so...

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    thanks for the info

hope i never have to use it heh

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #14
    Vox Addict
    this guide is crazy. i never knew about this, and i really wish i had. threw out a chocolate just last month.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #15
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    I put my phone in the washing machine, and to save it I let it dry and then I turned it on, and good as new.
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #16
    grrrrrrrr.... BT Rep: +2
    I've repaired cellphones for a living and we use similar methods.

It's key not to purchase the cheap 70% alcohol... Use 100% if u could (it's illegal i think to buy) other names are "grain alcohol, mineral spirits, denatured alcohol" stuff is expensive... like $30-$50 a gallon.

Also u don't need to soak it in there... just a quick dip in and out for about 20-30 secs should work. Avoid soaking components like LCD's and buzzers (speakers) because alcohol will kill those parts. (some fones have the LCD's attached to the boards so good luck desoldering.

U must have the correct torx screws to undo and must have some knowledge of opening electronics and isolating the circuit board... do not put the whole phone in the alcohol... it will damage the plastic casing.

-Kabz

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #17
    hmm, wish i saw this guide a couple of weeks ago. Now i'm just using an old phone while saving for Nokia N95

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #18
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    ive done it twice to same phone took the battery out shook as much of the water out and then put it on the defroster on hot for a couple of hours works fine still ,i was on the road both times i went under water the phone that is

also alcohol is a netralizer to if you ever have acid problems at least thats what ive been told
    Last edited by weenden; 03-06-2007 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #19
    thanks for the tips.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #20
    Chrys's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    me too,thx a lot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast