Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: TB is open 4 signups

Poster BT Rep: +2
    I think Reachnet you have said the smartest thing. I hear you. Notice that all old time users are jumping off TB like people off the Titanic.
    Reachnet you need scc or acetorrents demonoid?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #52
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by reachnet View Post
    FWIW guys - I spent some PERSISTENT time trying to get into TB.
    I'm not going to bother with TB - *WAY* too restrictive. Geeks being just "too" geeky and forgetting about end users.
    I tried for just about an hour managed to get through to the registration screen 4 times in that period.
    Twice (I was told) I entered the wrong code - fair enough - whatever.
    The other two times I was told my IP was already registered.
    Unfortunately, I'm behind transparent ISP proxies, which I can do diddly about as far as TB is concerned as it's tracking those IPs not my actual IP and I ain't gonna pot-shot for an unused proxy. Seems like a rip-off from Rapidshare ! Oh well...
    Anyone else behind a proxy may want to forget about TB too.
    hey i have same problem wit ntl .try using diff connection maybe friends pc or have a word with ur provider i jus spoke to staff in tb irc n they are adding 2000 more slots so people will eventually get in keep trying

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #53
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Thanks for the info - but it doesn't matter how many slots they add.
    What exactly do you mean by slots ??
    Bottom line TB tracks per client IP (ala Rapidshare) - but they're doing it "arguably" the wrong way (as Rapidshare did).
    Some trackers correctly id the client IP, but TB only tracks the IP back to the proxy if one is in use.
    If someone else has already registered before you through that same proxy address ( assuming TB hasn't kicked them off as unconfirmed/inactive ), when you as a user try to register, you're stuffed. TB thinks it's already in use and kicks you out.
    The only solution (that will scale) is for TB to mod their code so it sees through the proxy.
    Other trackers can do it. TB need to follow the same route - not have users potshotting through whatever proxies they can find. Too much of the "luck" element.
    Asking users to go through TBs reg process and then go hunting for a possible proxy God knows where is just a little too much methinks.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #54
    Shamong...why the sad face? hehe
    Last edited by DontCare; 12-18-2006 at 02:47 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #55
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    If you go to tb home page there users number will change from 37977 and then 38,000

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #56
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by DontCare View Post
    Shamong...why the sad face? hehe
    no sad face from me knobhead hows ya hunt 4 oink lol

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterbait View Post
    If you go to tb home page there users number will change from 37977 and then 38,000
    they are adding 2000 places for more people to join try in the morn

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #58
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterbait View Post
    I think Reachnet you have said the smartest thing. I hear you. Notice that all old time users are jumping off TB like people off the Titanic.
    Reachnet you need scc or acetorrents demonoid?
    Been on demonoid for a while - (that's how it should be done )
    May get around to the others when I get time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456