Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballmer: Piracy to Blame For Slow Vista Sales

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i didn't pirate vista. i just have a lifetime trial.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Oh piracy... and oh Microsoft.

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Yea...go ahead - blame piracy for everything. -____-

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    grrrrrrrr.... BT Rep: +2
    Many of the machines out there may not meet the requirements and cost to upgrade + Vista = no sale.

Overhyped OS for no reason... so let's blame piracy so stockholders could feel a lil more assured...

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm with Harry - I'm too afraid that I will have compatibility issues if I install Vista.

i think the major reason for slow sales though is people say, "Why do I need Vista? What is it going to do that my PC doesn't already? Meh."

yo

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i don't know how the heck they blame piracy for their sale reduction, vista is not even near cracked, those who got to run vista without paying for it(which are very few) had to go throu lots of tricks which are beyond average PC users capability unlike XP which were Pre-Cracked
    IMO there are some crystal clear reasons which are causing Vista's poor sell out, features like verifying every god damn action you take on windows so it can be done which only slows down it and nothing else. they say these are done to prevent hackers/virus's from over taking, well i never do read these warning when am sure about what am going to run which i've gotten from trusted source like M$ and am educated enough not to get my cracks from some Mal ware sites and am god damn sure even fools who don't know these much wont pay attention or care for these warning either even if it was really a Miscellaneous script.
    i think in our media and IT world piracy is what gets people talking at the 1st place. XP got that much attention not because MS's advertising but because some guy got it before it hit the market and manipulated it which became main story of Television and got every bodies attention of a new windows arrival, personally i got aware of XP by a pirated XP disc in my friends hand.
    MS harden the job in vista for hackers so much that they forgot to leave some freedom for their USERS.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    Well I was going to get Vsta but it way to much money even with the upgrade from xp.What really don't like is having to pay double what they do for it in the states.

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    They wasn't kidding about cracking down on piracy. The next day from reading this I had an update for WGA.

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by killuminati96 View Post
    They wasn't kidding about cracking down on piracy. The next day from reading this I had an update for WGA.
    So did I , but I'm Genuine.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The thing is, alot of people will have to upgrade their PC's to even use Vista.

So if you're going to buy a top-end PC in order to run Vista adequately, why not buy a top-end PC and run XP on it, which will probably run like shit off a shovel?

I want my operating system to operate my system, not take over everything completely and bloatedly. This is something that microsoft have repeatedly failed to understand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast