Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: bitmetv down

n00b
    lol, no wonder the staff get pissed off! buddy, you need to stop posting out of context... the quote you just put up is about 30-40 posts into a thread where people were posting comments like "Just get RSS back up, rss is more important than the site itself! without rss, I don't even want to use bitmetv!" besides that, what kind of little baby goes copying and pasting comments from a private site anyway?
    OK, I'll be a baby too: I'll join in with quotes of what some really stupid people were saying that was pissing off their staff that day:
    "I think RSS is about 10x more important than the website itself. They should take the images off the website, or change some design, or take the website off the web."
    "Just wanted to add... I'm missing RSS feeds also. if i had to decide RSS feeds over Wbsite, RSS would win.. How about a poll?"
    "Seriously though, while my ratio is still good, it kinda stopped marching steadily towards 3 ever since RSS went down, heh."

I mean, after those kind of stupid comments, wouldn't you want to slap the people posting them?

So what did you do to get them pissed off at you, sentient? You seriously sound like you have an axe to grind with the staff there. I've found them pretty hard-working and fair, myself. Even tequilavip is fun to watch as he hunts down idiots to ban ;-)

edit:NOW I see why the staff there piss you off!!! since you are posting quotes from their forums, that means you MUST already be a member there... BUT in other threads you are asking for bitmetv invites:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient on MAR 19, 2007
    Re: 500th post Giveaway
    Could I have the bitmetv invite?
    I don't have oink, but I have two level 5 trackers with excellent ratios that I can show you in PM.
    this means you either:
    -got banned from bitmetv and now want a new account (which will get ther person who invites you into trouble)
    -are trying to get ANOTHER bitmetv account because you are an account or invite SELLER on ebay
    -are planning to do something that you think MIGHT get you banned there, and want another backup account

no matter which one it is, FST staff should ban you for being a scammer, Sentient, since anyone giving you a bitmetv invite to a second account will get banned from there as well. Not cool at all, dude!

edit2: damn, when browsing your posts, I see you aren't even ashamed to admit it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient
    Seriously. I believe I'm on my 6th bitmetv account (lost count ). One account, per person, per lifetime my ass. They might as well instruct the userbase that they may only sneeze on Tuesdays.
    did you ever consider that the people giving you those invites are probably gettting banned too? Anybody who gives you an invite to ANY torrent site is asking for trouble...
    Last edited by djkamikaze; 03-21-2007 at 12:17 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Corrent. It was totally out of context. Those who have seen me post know I rarly talk like that to anyone. Number 1. I didn't warn the person. Its a lie to say I did. I didn't speak like that in response to a general question, I posted that in the shoutbox in response to.
    WHEN IS RSS GONNA BE BACK UP?!?!

THIS IS BEYOND A JOKE TO BE HONEST....
    RSS by nature is insecure, it's nothing to do with bitmetv.
    Secondly. I haven't been posting all over the internet.
    I mentioned it on our OWN site and once here. I would hardly call that all over the internet. Please have your facts straight before spreading lies next time.
    Thirdly. Hi all, I see FST is comming along nicely. Keep up the good work.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    So Bitmetv staff complain about me, and FST disables privileges on my account. Good to see FST is continuing in it's trend of sucking up to sites, perhaps in an attempt to become another TPG? Who cares about the type of members that made this site popular when you're getting a thumbs up from VIPs like Ibslice? It's no skin off my back, I gave far more in the invites section than I ever took from it.

FYI, I did not have an account at the time I asked for that invite. I get banned regularly from Bitmetv as I usually trade for an account (something that is regularly done here, the horror!), and I guess staff eventually notice the odd IP behavior on the account and ban it. And as long as you're looking at my post history, notice I don't have any problems with any other sites. I was originally banned for inviting two cheaters, I've never cheated, nor have I ever maintained a ratio less than 1.

djkamikaze: Please spare me the "tired, weary staff" routine. Do you think Bitmetv is the only staff I or the rest of the userbase have ever interacted with? FSC staff for example have staffed the site for more than two years, and other sites before it. Not even once have I ever seen them be anything but polite and patient. FSC isn't as big you say? Fine, how about Supertorrents (15k members) or Torrentbytes (50k members) and several other sites I probably don't even know about, all with a friendly, helpful staff. Bitmetv staff is laughed at and ridiculed throughout the torrent community, as tequilavip himself admits.

Perhaps Bitmetv just attracts more stupid users? Well, Bitmetv has certainly banned enough good members to make that a definite possibility.
    Maybe I'm not "leet" enough, but although I have been torrenting for years, I derive no pleasure in watching tvip torment newbies. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine who is really the "little baby" here, the person who takes joy in abusing new users, or the person expressing disgust at this childish and silly behavior.

And I fail to see how I'm a scammer for asking for another invite. As you point out, I make no secret of my multiple bans from bitmetv, and I even include a bitmetv icon in my sig. Anyone doing even the bare minimum of research would immediately know that I'm a risk to invite to the site.
    Ibslice: I'm sorry if you didn't warn the person, the person was warned when I checked his profile, and I (wrongly, apparently) assumed it was for that comment.

The quote was not out of context, however, it was an exact and full quote of what you wrote, and I didn't even have to search through your post logs to find it. You "coincidentally" talked to someone like that to someone on the very day I made that post even though you rarely talk like to anyone like that. Right. Even were that true (I might concede you're a moderate voice on a site filled with assholes), you countenance tvip's and c4's rude remarks every single day.

By the way, no defense of your old request section policy? Or can even you guys not sell with a straight face that people were hacking back into their accounts to make bad requests until you IP banned them?

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Sigh.. I did not complain about you. I am also not VIP. Damn FACTS MAN FACTS!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by ibslice View Post
    Sigh.. I did not complain about you. I am also not VIP. Damn FACTS MAN FACTS!!
    Actually, tracker admins like you are precisely the sort of Very Important People this site's staff like to suck up to.

(Incorrectly referred to djkamikaze as staff out of laziness more than anything, he's obviously close to staff anyway as he was granted Elite status on Bitmetv (without donating))

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    n00b
    what I meant to post was, I doubt tequilavip ever said or implied that staff at bitmetv are ridiculed in the torrent community, (FACTS MAN FACTS!!) but rather people that go around opening 6+ accounts at private sites are held in low esteem by torrent site staff, and most honest members. Anyway, once again I apologize for the multiple posts, apparently FST was experiencing some of what this thread's topic is all about, lol.
    Last edited by djkamikaze; 03-22-2007 at 08:53 AM. Reason: double post

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    n00b
    oops
    Last edited by djkamikaze; 03-22-2007 at 07:47 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    n00b
    sorry, site was laggy, didn't mean to double/triple post
    Last edited by djkamikaze; 03-22-2007 at 08:38 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by djkamikaze View Post
    what I meant to post was, I doubt tequilavip ever said or implied that staff at bitmetv are ridiculed in the torrent community, (FACTS MAN FACTS!!) but rather people that go around opening 6+ accounts at private sites are held in low esteem by torrent site staff, and most honest members. Anyway, once again I apologize for the multiple posts, apparently FST was experiencing some of what this thread's topic is all about, lol.
    In that case, to quote your favorite mod, "READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!?!!" On the previous page of this thread, I've quoted him saying just that: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bit...10/postcount38

In case you doubt the context, it was found on bitmetv forums here: forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=18150&page=1#258135
    Last edited by Sentient; 03-23-2007 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Fixed Link

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    n00b
    still don't see what you are talking about
    tequilavip saying he found it amusing that he ahs read about himself here and saw you are badmouthing him? I asked him about that, and he said you're just pissed cause he's found & disabled at least 4 of your accounts there: goodface, tvshowrocking, puli, and pyronic.

a note to potential readers: if you invited any of those 4 usernames to any sites, you may want to contact staff there before they find out and ban you as well as sentient.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast