Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rich from donations?

spidro's Avatar i'm here BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    TL : +500,000/year

after reading this i'm diffenely thinking of making new torrent site for my own

i wasn't expect that donation make all this money

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    where do you this info from?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    hypothesis

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    B O O S BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    OiNK: +80,000/year

all are in USD,
    OINK for sure more, more, more, - much more

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    I've known sites to close down due to lack of donations, and they were established sites, such as hkfreebits/byte-em...

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post
    Pisexy and TL bring in alot of cash thats for sure. TL has many servers and spends alot on the site also. Pisexy aka Pimpie he just takes the money has his only job says he goes on trips and buys toys for him self. Why you think that shity ass site has been listed in scene access and all there uploaders are targeted bt different scene groups, some other sites are also for a different reason, but pisexy spend none of the money on the site or anything other then him self...

I am not sure what all the other sistes make, but i know of some good sites that just make it each month with donations. Some sites like Bitsoup will spamm the crap out of you for cash. I deleted my self from that crap site when i started to get 2 to 3 pms every day on buying gigs to help my ratio and buying access to ftp servers. This site has also been on scene releases..

There are many sites that are just out for your Cash and there are good sites that hardly every push or even ask your donations.

Wild

TL I cannot confirm or deny if they make money. I do know for a fact they spend a TON of money on seedboxes that feed their site. Whether or not they spend all the money taken in on those boxes I cannot answer. But just know alot if not all of the money taken in is spent on those boxes.
    PI as wildbytes mentioned... does and is confirmed to use the money on himself.
    Somewhat noticeable fact... MOST if not all sites... thats continually spam your inbox asking for donations are in it for the money.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    DH-Sysop
    Torrent sites that are in it for the money usually aren't very good torrent sites anyways. People always think making a torrent site will make you rich, far from it.. DigitalHive does good for donations and we have never asked a single person for a donation nor do we have any ads, if we get excess donations we use every $1 for upgrades or getting new servers. The numbers on that list, I would say are far from fact, not even close I bet.. Servers are expensive, our new site server costs us around 460 Euros a month not including boxes and other servers. Most sites use the donations just for the site and not for themselves.

And then theres sites like ScP, Funfile etc who are all about the scam, weather it be using donation money for personal things or selling users lists etc.

There will always be people out there after the "quick rich" idea.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Yep... ScP was a rip of the ScT name, and FunFile is a rip of the FSC name. There will always be those who wish to profit from the hard work of others, and that excludes the vultures who reg a domain after the demise of a popular community, so they can scam in the name of the dead community.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    scp, funfile? what were those?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaits View Post
    scp, funfile? what were those?
    Where have you been hiding? In someones' report.php? The biggest scams to hit the torrent scene recently, and you are completely ignorant of them?

You need to brush up on your current affairs (as well as your PHP).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast