Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer! Wooooooo! Kickass!

Originally posted by thegroggman@30 May 2003 - 02:59
    Hey Z...this will be my last post for the night, but Ill check in on your response tommorow. Anywho, Im going to the University of Oklahoma right now...but Ill be going to Penn. St. in the fall. And then hopefully to Stanford or Columbia for grad school. As for what kind of job...hmm...thats a long way off man...but anything in the field of robotics would be interesting to me, sony has a good program for mechanical as well as electrical engineers if I want to go the commercial. Route...but Ive also been looking into the CIA Directoriate of Science and Technology...theyre the geeks who make all the cool spy gadgets Or I may just choose a lucrative research position at a University...I got alot of chocies, and so do you bro B)
    groggman -
    thats sounds cool. id like to do stuff like that too. do you know anything about mechatronics and stuff? this is a new field? neways, what were your grades like (from HS) to get in? cuz i live in canada, so no sats or gpas, just percent averages. engineering at u of t requires 90s. its pretty tough. i guess i'll have to work my ass of next year, cuz ive been slackin lately...could you post a reply to this? id like to find out some more if its not too much trouble. thanks.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Im going to be sitting in the park with my friends a lot getting drunk and playing guitar

oh and going to cyprus weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

cant wait

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by TRshady@30 May 2003 - 07:57
    My plan is this:

1)Get home after breaking up
    2) Go to bed
    3) Wake up and rush for school 6 week later

I call it ............... hibernation
    lol.. humans are so lazy they even hybernate now?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hey Z. Mechatronics huh? Well I dont really see it as a new field...its basically just applying robotics to commercial products. Same integration of mechanics, electronics, and artificial inteligence. I think the field itself is interesting...but right now I havent actually focused on any paticular field. Thats something I will be looking more into my Junior year. Cuz I mean...really the possibilities are endless. Ive actually even been considering taking a course at Penn. that is based on the mechanics of toys. Good Stuff Anywho, about my grades...well I was a really good student. Here in the U.S. I got A's in basically all of my classes...maybe an A- every now and then B) yeah I was a nerd...so sue me. Anywho...I guess in Canada that would translate to 90's. But there are alot of people here enrolled in the School of Engineering who didnt have the best grades in HS (maybe...70s). So engineers run the gamut here. But if you want to stay in the school...you gotta work hard. Alot of the kids that I knew who started off with their majors in engineering have now gone onto 'simpler' degrees such as Buisness and Communication.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i sent off for my drivers license today.
    so im gonna get a job, get a loan, buy me a cg125(shutup! its cheap), do my cbt,
    im gonna spend the next 7 weeks learning to to ride, pass the test, unrestrict the bike.
    in the big holidays gonna organise a big camping trip, then i can go on a big bike ride.

now i gotta get my job!?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    groggman -

so youre getting a bachelor of applied science in engineering then going for your masters? is that the degree? btw, u said you are going to oklahoma, then penn state, and then columbia or stanford. how are affording all this? just loans, or are you "well off"? ok A's in every class is simple. i think they look at the 6 best courses (we take 8). next year i need to take discreet math (geometry) and calc. tough stuff, but math and physics matter the most, right? i dont think anyone could get into engineering here with 70s. at least not at u of t. 70s are B's. 80s and up are A's. 90s are A+. so if i want to work with robotics and mechanics and stuff, this is the way to go? jobs with sony (the aibo), honda, etc? my dad works at magna at the moment designing the automatic running board for the lincoln navigator. is this what im getting into, cuz thats what id like to do. i like working with my hands and such. thanks for your time man.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Fasttracker A
    Im studying for my bar exam ,trying to write my thesis on political psychology,and my friends want me to go out for a least a couple of hours
    TONITE,too much going on right now .

All I want is some quick cheap laughs just to jump start my motivation
    to get this ginormous boulder rolling up off of my chest.

heLP me.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    no help here. help yourself. why would you come to a forum for help?

neways, go get drunk. its your best bet. (not really, but what the hell..)

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Fasttracker A
    Help my self hey ? now your thinking Ill help my self to some shots .
    ohh shiiiiiiii never mind just thought of waht I needed to write.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    COUNTER-STRIKE!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast