Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A review of our democrat congress, so far...

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    At the same time, and maybe vid can answer this, where is the lobbying reform?

Where are we on earmarks now?
    The lobby reform plan was toothless IMO. Even then republicans stalled and added amendment after amendment to extract more teeth.

Earmarks should settle down once pay/go kicks in (or at least one can hope). I think the pork attached to the emergency war funding bill was a case of get it while you still can.
    Pork spending shot up under the republicans and Bush didn't veto one spending bill. It's telling that it has only now become an issue for some people. (Bush included)

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

Because he's been in a sulk since his party had their asses handed to them.
    Really?

My "party" wasn't even represented.
    Yes really, your party

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    BTW-

Are you so smug you don't have to answer questions such as the ones I ask?
    This from the person who seldom comments on the merrits of the cut and pastes he posts, let alone actually answering questions others raise to him.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    You have posted foolishly between this post and my last.

I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself by offering to answer a legitimate question you feel I won't answer...and I''l give you a do-over on the Social Security question, which you've made a hash of.

I here reproduce your previous attempt-

Borrowing from the fund and not paying back.

If you want a private account then have one. Please explain why you think government would be able to run such a scheme? I would point out that you make such an idea seem almost foolproof. where is the mention of the risks that you could lose on the deal as many people with private pensions have discovered.

I have nothing against those that can afford it investing in other areas, I am against taking money from social security to do this.
    -in order to properly immortalize your muddled words and provide you with a poor, poor example to avoid in constructing a credible and creditable new answer.

I'll tear them both to shreds later, time permitting.
    Last edited by j2k4; 06-11-2007 at 11:26 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    If you don't like my answer.....tough.

I rather suspect your definition of "credible" only includes the things you agree with

I'm sure you will attempt to explain some right wing economic theory, but much like the right wing theory on raising the minimum wage, the reality (as shown in the states that raised theirs) will probably turn out to be the reverse of the theory.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    If you don't like my answer.....tough.
    Your answer doesn't make sense in and of itself; I have no opinion of it apart from imagining your eventual embarrassment over it.

I rather suspect your definition of "credible" only includes the things you agree with
    Not at all, though I can assure you it includes nothing that you agree with.

I'm sure you will attempt to explain some right wing economic theory, but much like the right wing theory on raising the minimum wage, the reality (as shown in the states that raised theirs) will probably turn out to be the reverse of the theory.
    "Right wing economic theory"?

As opposed to what else, precisely?

I hope you don't mind more questions...your posts beg so many of them.

Were you even going to try to ask me a question?

BTW-

I see you have given up (finally!) denying your partisan liberalism.

Good for you.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Since my membership began here I have been asking questions which you seldom answer and more often than not your response when you gave one to a question was not an answer but another question. If you wish to drudge through all the old posts be my guest, for myself if I really cared to repeat myself I would have.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Now throw some pies at each other.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    They can't. Being political they both have their fingers in them.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    I was raised to use cutlery

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

I was raised to use cutlery
    And j2, being Republican, believes all the pies belong to him- which leaves vid defenseless.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast