Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: thebox.bz - at last, a great british tv tracker

andresgriego
    Hello,

I am wondering if someone could comment on my situation.

I was banned from thebox.bz for having duplicate accounts but I don't remember ever creating two accounts. When I search my inbox I can only find one email from thebox.bz, the initial confirmation/activation email for my account.

So why am I flagged as duplicate?

I got to thinking: I live in a house converted into apartments and most of the residents share a wireless internet connection. Maybe another resident here had an account at thebox.bz and when I created my account it got flagged as duplicate because we're both connecting through the same router.

Does this sound reasonable?

Has anyone had a similar problem in the past?

Is there no reprieve for us unwealthy?
    Last edited by andresgriego; 06-26-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    yep if you are using a router and admin set nat to disabled then all users will get same ip adress but if he set nat to enabled every pc will get a different ip adresses...
    As far as i know but not sure all about it, do some search then you can find the key

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    Yeah I signed up to this site as I thought it was a tracker for TV (U.S TV) but as it's only brittish ones I can't say I have any use for the site... But they did have a huge amount of torrents, pretty decent design and many peers. So I guess it's awesome if you're into UK television.

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    The Admin boys at the Box are not so good. I have been a member for quite some time and have always donated. I upgraded my Utorrent to 1.7.7 and then all probels start, my ratios drop although I always seed for at least 2 to 3 weeks if not more.

I had a message saying my ratio was too low so I dontaed some more to them and the next day they banned me, despite email to them they have chosen to ignore me, although they took my money.

I would say not a good site, especially if they fail to look after people that actually try to support them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    prasannab13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    it is now with 40k torrents and nice community

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    3000 torrents per 20000 users that's not a good ratio. IMHO this site sux big.

And yeah site only to british people as nobody else but them alone enjoy their crappy movies, where's a lot of their imperlialismus, racism etc.

Just my two cents
    Last edited by ashford; 08-10-2009 at 09:58 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    Trying to figure what a 30 day holding period means and why ? Does this mean that we are ineligible for downloads before this period is up ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    Swepsycho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    more spesifik brebear..

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    If you have a question, create a thread. There is really no reason to keep bumping a thread from 2007 to ask a completely unrelated question.

yo

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789