Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How you got started with invites

Poster BT Rep: +3
    I started with PT one and half years ago. Now i slowly collect other sites

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    bakkouka's Avatar The Great Pyramid BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    (Demonoid + BitSoup) 1 year and half ago

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    marksman's Avatar -------> BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i bet i have the weirdest start of all of u

i started with Tbytes(when it was so rare),Uk-t,SCT,Bitmetv,Dofr,FL,TL

then in april 2005/6 not sure..lost all of that..thro a hack..managed 2 get tbytes,FL,TL back..couldnt reach sct irc then becuz of pass and stuff..and didnt know that uk-t was that rare/important back then..same with bitmetv...so i was a regular active user in tbytes with a 600+ forum posts and a good ratio and a good history as being one of the very early users there...i didnt care much abt any other sites back then as i was very happy with my Tbytes(yes it was really awesome back in the day)..but it started 2 suck time by time..so i decided its time 2 look for some other tracker besides Tbytes..i began 2 look @ the invites topic in tbytes 2 findout that they removed it and there is no invites given there anymore..and when i was on TPG..i found a banner of FST on some user's sig..clicked on it..and TADAA..am on FST..i liked the forum itself..n decided that am gona wait the 30 days and check the invites section..cause i was really looking for bitmetv those days for some rare stuff..and day 1 i got into the BT invites section i got bitmetv..and that was by the help of a great user i still recall and talk often to named GreenGoblin..he didnt have bitmetv invite back then so he traded(he's unretired for life now and never trades)his vry own pisexy account 2 get me a bitmetv(back when they were equal)..i really appreciated that 2 him and decided that i would one day be a helpful member just like him..he gave me my first real tips here on the forums and i used it well..made some giveaways..made some gr8 friends over here!..n then everything began to work gr8..well i traded some @ the begining ..but i didnt really get anywhere by trading..i made lots of friends that they hooked me up with almost every *needed tracker*..i got back to the position i were before i got hacked but only missing uk-t ofcourse..and i got some other gr8 sites too which are high rated here in the WIAW.and they were all given 2 me by free..and am still tryin 2 work a bit harder n be a real helpful member around here in the forums..and there's no site am missing right now..except maybe uk-t if one of my friends decide 2 hook me up with one..

The End

lol my hands hurt rlly..but it was fun writtin all that..u'll have fun reading it too

p.s ..i havent made up that story..some ppl said i did..but i rlly didnt!
    Last edited by marksman; 08-23-2007 at 04:54 AM.
    Been There, Done That

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Johnneke's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I aswell started with Torrentbytes, then joined digitalhive when it was just starting out. Half a year later I got a torrentleech site through a rlslog giveaway haha. Now I'm a good member of quite alot of sites, Tranceroute, Torrentleech, RevTT, BitmeTV, TheDVDClub, Waffles & iTS. Obviously still hoping I can get in to some of the torrentleech competitors but on a higher level list ScT and the likes, for the rest I'm quite settled where I am atm.

Powered by 100mbit VPS-Box (60GB-µtorrent) / 100mbit Dedicated (160GB-rtorrent)

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    My mom told me about Bittorrent.

I was using public trackers for a while.
    Someone mentioned OiNK somewhere, and I followed the URL and noticed it was a music tracker. At that time, it was the only thing I downloaded and I was having problems finding all the albums I wanted, so I set out for an invite.
    I got one on Last.fm.

Most of my other invites came from the OiNK's power user invite thread.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Most of my private trackers come from open sign-up.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    xurbia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Last edited by xurbia; 04-20-2011 at 01:11 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by marksman View Post
    i bet i have the weirdest start of all of u

i started with Tbytes(when it was so rare),Uk-t,SCT,Bitmetv,Dofr,FL,TL

then in april 2005/6 not sure..lost all of that..thro a hack..managed 2 get tbytes,FL,TL back..couldnt reach sct irc then becuz of pass and stuff..and didnt know that uk-t was that rare/important back then..same with bitmetv...so i was a regular active user in tbytes with a 600+ forum posts and a good ratio and a good history as being one of the very early users there...i didnt care much abt any other sites back then as i was very happy with my Tbytes(yes it was really awesome back in the day)..but it started 2 suck time by time..so i decided its time 2 look for some other tracker besides Tbytes..i began 2 look @ the invites topic in tbytes 2 findout that they removed it and there is no invites given there anymore..and when i was on TPG..i found a banner of FST on some user's sig..clicked on it..and TADAA..am on FST..i liked the forum itself..n decided that am gona wait the 30 days and check the invites section..cause i was really looking for bitmetv those days for some rare stuff..and day 1 i got into the BT invites section i got bitmetv..and that was by the help of a great user i still recall and talk often to named GreenGoblin..he didnt have bitmetv invite back then so he traded(he's unretired for life now and never trades)his vry own pisexy account 2 get me a bitmetv(back when they were equal)..i really appreciated that 2 him and decided that i would one day be a helpful member just like him..he gave me my first real tips here on the forums and i used it well..made some giveaways..made some gr8 friends over here!..n then everything began to work gr8..well i traded some @ the begining ..but i didnt really get anywhere by trading..i made lots of friends that they hooked me up with almost every *needed tracker*..i got back to the position i were before i got hacked but only missing uk-t ofcourse..and i got some other gr8 sites too which are high rated here in the WIAW.and they were all given 2 me by free..and am still tryin 2 work a bit harder n be a real helpful member around here in the forums..and there's no site am missing right now..except maybe uk-t if one of my friends decide 2 hook me up with one..

The End

lol my hands hurt rlly..but it was fun writtin all that..u'll have fun reading it too

p.s ..i havent made up that story..some ppl said i did..but i rlly didnt!
    u gotta b very very Luck user around here ..

nyways i started with demonoid , now i have got almost everything which i need except FTN or FSC ( any 1 of these ). and i have previledge to get invites of 2 very rare trackers for free , and one those i got invited by sysOp of that tracker...

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    used public trackers first. Then I got into Demonoid (I know it's public too) from a stranger I lurked the internet to find.

From demonoid's invite forum i got sites like TL, BM, and Oink (where I also got some invites from the PU+ invite thread.)

Since then Ive gotten most of my invites from people Ive met along the way. I'm very content with what I've got now and dont really sign up to many new trackers anymore.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i started downloading thing last year...but i used eMule...until someone gave me some url and told me that i could find all Lost's third season in 720p FREE...te site was TvTorrents...i registered and i started using it...then i started learning about trackers and i looked for my country's tracker until i found it...it's level 3 BTarg...then someone gave me TheDVDClub,S**********,and i could register in a bunch else like LeechersLair,BitSoup Ip Torrents and more...then i get TL, but i dont have it anymore...now i have SceneTorrents,RevTT,TorrentDamage,TheDVDClub,TvTorrents.ro,LeechersLair,TorrentBytes and some more that i barely use.

and i'm still looking for BitMe TV,TT,FTN,Waffles,BCG,ScL and a few more

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast