Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Have ScT... is FTN worth going after?

bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Anyone wanna tell me that hint?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Good to see you around again Brandon, hope everything has settled down now.
    Thanks Yea things are much better now, crossing my fingers that they stay this way. My acct on here was hacked so not all of the posts on here were mine. The post about me leaving here wasn't done by me. There were a few vulgar posts sent from my acct also that weren't from me (sorry).

Private Messages: Unread 107, Total 493.

70 or so of those were also done by the <censored> who hacked my acct and PM'd random users offering ftn invites

Anyways, thanks for that though <3

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    My acct on here was hacked so not all of the posts on here were mine.
    i didn't think that this was so easy. do you have any tips for other users to prevent this from happening to them?
    or can one do nothing against it?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    My acct on here was hacked so not all of the posts on here were mine.
    i didn't think that this was so easy. do you have any tips for other users to prevent this from happening to them?
    or can one do nothing against it?
    I'm pretty sure you're fine. This had to do with the whole situation i've been going through recently with my information going public etc (my entire pc was hacked). If you wanna play it safe, install a software firewall.

edit: or do what actually saved my ass on a lot of other sites i use. get a fingerprint scanner to handle passwords

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Kyl3, it fully depends on, what are your priorities. If your priority is content, speed etc, then I don't think you are missing much - I believe, they have basically the same content (maybe sct has more files) and you can't get any faster speeds than you get em on sct. If your top priority is community, well, then I guess it depends on how you get along with different people n which people fit you better. If your priority is rarity (collecting disease has been spreading very aggressively lately), then I think you should overthink whether you really need to go any further or just value, what you already have.

FTN interested me too for some time, but I gave up - ain't much of a writer to write A4 full of poems and heart-breaking words, neither don't wanna start licking someones arse. Pfft.. I just noticed how bad my English is lately or is it because it's 642am

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    jrzy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by killer23 View Post

hang on, am i missing something? dont you have to seed in FTN to a 1:1 ratio or seed for like 3 days or else you will get banned?, so whats the catch with the ratio system?
    At FTN we ask you to seed 1:1 (which most users with servers can easily do) or for 36 hours (for those without servers who might not manage 1:1). We have not banned one single person yet since our change from the ratio system, excluding those who cheated etc. There is no catch. Our approach at FTN is quite different than most other trackers. We aim to do whatever we can to make things better for our users, even if it means spending money out of my own pocket which most staff do in contrast to other sites who require more donations or p2l approaches.

I've been a user, an uploader, and now I run my own site that I code for and administrate. I've been in every aspect of the torrent system and tend to push FTN's goals and features towards what I would want as if I was still a normal user.

Call what I say hype all you want. We promised a change, and we made it (no ratio system). I promised a phase 2 which I stated above, and it will come.

I applaud you and your work Brandon and I wish you success as you approach phase 2. I can see now why people stumble over each other to get an invite to FTN.
    Last edited by jrzy; 10-03-2007 at 03:49 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    FTN interested me too for some time, but I gave up - ain't much of a writer to write A4 full of poems and heart-breaking words, neither don't wanna start licking someones arse. Pfft.. I just noticed how bad my English is lately or is it because it's 642am
    Don't have to write me a poem or tell me heart-breaking words, or lick my ass to get an invite. I think i remember you pm'ing me though, but can't remember what you said. Anyways, I tend to invite those users I see who don't bash people, who are friendly, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jrzy View Post
    I applaud you and your work Brandon and I wish you success as you approach phase 2. I can see now why people stumble over each other to get an invite to FTN.
    Perfect example of my post above. The above person seems friendly and I'd prob be willing to step out on a limb and invite him if he doesn't have one.

Rule of thumb.. I like nice people.
    Last edited by Brandon; 10-03-2007 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hehe I think I'm one of those... But yeah Presto sealed it for me. Unless Brandon is feeling extremely nice today, I'll stick with ScT for a long while.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    Hehe I think I'm one of those... But yeah Presto sealed it for me. Unless Brandon is feeling extremely nice today, I'll stick with ScT for a long while.
    I am actually Would you like to check it out?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Don't have to write me a poem or tell me heart-breaking words, or lick my ass to get an invite. I think i remember you pm'ing me though, but can't remember what you said. Anyways, I tend to invite those users I see who don't bash people, who are friendly, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jrzy View Post
    Perfect example of my post above. The above person seems friendly and I'd prob be willing to step out on a limb and invite him if he doesn't have one.

Rule of thumb.. I like nice people.
    Well if you ever get too busy, I'd be willing to help out for you!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast