Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD writer

lynx's Avatar .
    You are talking about computer parts, there's no such thing as a spec that won't outdate for a year or 2. Having said that, there isn't going to be much more development on ordinary DVD drives, simply because of HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.

There's no significant speed difference between 16x and 20x writers, none of them write at max speed over the full width of the disk, and media capable of being written at more than 16x will be
    1. expensive (as pointed out by clocker)
    2. rare as hen's teeth

The same applies to rewritable and DL media, so don't bother considering the drives which claim to be superfast in those areas, you will be paying for performance which you almost certainly won't use.

Here's a list of the one's I'd probably consider.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...714697&name=8X
    Although they are on the list, I wouldn't personally bother with Sony or Samsung, those are the two manufacturers whose products have let me down, and from their reaction to faults I don't believe they have any interest in helping their customers.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by yellomello View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    stay away from the samsung writemaster series

Actually I was just about to recommend an external DVD burner from this series. I purchased it off of this review:
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Sams...Burner-Review/

Almost 150 discs without a hitch (DVDRs with Imgburn using Verbatims)

Curious as to why you say to stay away from them?
    the reason why i highly recommend against buying this drive is that it reads almost NO cd media. so if you wanna use this drive say goodbye to booting off iso discs. for every 20 discs i put in there...it may read one. i am highly unsatisfied with this drive and i wouldn't wish its purchase on my worst enemy....the internal drive**

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    cRaZyzMaN's Avatar Benfica Fan BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    pioneer or asus, they work just fine

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Thanks to all your reply... I already bought a DVD Burner this afternoon....Thanks again....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827135149
    Last edited by kirktrix; 11-04-2007 at 01:48 PM.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12