Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a tracker collector?

bason's Avatar M..JunKie BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Hmm, interesting, that brings me to question is it good to be a tracker collector or it is not ?
    I think there are 2 types of collectors the first one get into trackers to enjoy the stuff and help the bittorrent community and the second type are guys who just pretend to be cool because they have registrations on rare trackers, I mean they are kind of a junkies who don't need the content, they like showing off with their membership on some rare trackers.Is this right?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Tristan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I think 1. It's person who have a lot of accounts, good accounts, but don't use it. I have about 10 trackers, I use all of them and I don't need nothing more

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Two fits the best but it doesn't quite describe it perfectly. A tracker collector is someone who "collects trackers". In other words they try and get as many trackers as they can even if they don't need them or want to use them. For a collector the higher the level the more they want it. Most of the requests you see for higher level trackers are made by people that can be described as collectors.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    both

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12