Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seedbox

fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Yeah once they are installed, it's pretty straigh forward from there.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    That link I posted shows everything you need to know to do this yourself without submitting a ticket...

Don't they charge for tickets?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by arkiebrian View Post
    That link I posted shows everything you need to know to do this yourself without submitting a ticket...

Don't they charge for tickets?
    Yeah the link u posted is excellent and will work for fedora 5 and 6 but fedora 4 is out dated so when u type yum -y install vnc-server.....it will try to download it but it will not find a mirror to download it from cause the yum.conf needs to be updated.

and unless ur really good with linux, that could be a problem....

So best thing to do is submit a ticket and ask them to install the programs for you, so then they will update the yum.conf for you and away u go with ur seedbox

No they don't charge for tickets

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    OK

Well, I suppose that's the easy way to do it then. I found my way through installing it all myself but I am a programmer by trade.

Good luck!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Yeah if you know linux it would be easy enough... U have to update or add a .rpm package to make it find working mirrors...

I've only had this problem with Vectoral fedora 4......I use fedora all the time and never had any probs....It's just out dated....Why are they even offering fedora 4, the should make it fedora 6 or something

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    it's not so much that fc4 is outdated as that they don't have the yum packages set up. If you go into /etc/yum.repos.d and change the repos files, they have lines edited out and if you see $resourceserver in the links list it won't find anything you have to change it to 4

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jnbegnoche View Post
    it's not so much that fc4 is outdated as that they don't have the yum packages set up. If you go into /etc/yum.repos.d and change the repos files, they have lines edited out and if you see $resourceserver in the links list it won't find anything you have to change it to 4
    Yeah ur prob right....

Is there any chance you could do like a copy/paste and shows us exactly what should be changed to 4.....

Just for future ref as everytime u sign up for a different server with Vectoral, u have to go thru this and sometimes it can take them a day or even longer to get back to you.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    well for example fedora.repo is
    [base]
    name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
    #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
    mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
    enabled=1
    gpgcheck=1
    gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

if you delete the # for the comment and change $releaseserver to 4 you get
    [base]
    name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
    baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/$basearch/os/
    mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-4
    enabled=1
    gpgcheck=1
    gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

some that you probably need to do this for would be fedora-updates.repo and fedora-extras.repo
    i'm not sure if you need to change the name line or not, but this has worked for me on 3 different installs

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Thanks for posting that, it could come in handy for the future

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12