View Poll Results: What is most important about trackers?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Speed

11 12.36%
  • Pretimes

3 3.37%
  • Content

47 52.81%
  • Rarity

2 2.25%
  • Forums

4 4.49%
  • IRC

0 0%
  • Design

4 4.49%
  • Security

12 13.48%
  • Friendly staff

3 3.37%
  • Other (specify)

3 3.37%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is most important about trackers?

2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i think speed ,content and friendly staff

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Content takes my vote!
    I don't mind waiting for some time till I get the thing which I desire, I'm an ex-emule user so I have patience

Every time I get to a new tracker which has a new content to offer me (specialized trackers, or just good trackers with a big variety and selection of torrents, I feel satisfied

Therefore, I'm in a constant search of a few trackers, doesn't matter which, that can offer me a new kind of torrents (non-scene for example) and I'm usually not interested in another regular 0-day tracker with no, let's say, uniqueness

I really don't give a shit of pretimes, I usually don't wait to any release, and just pick them up while browsing the torrents, or just search for this torrent when I need it (I never had a situation were I needed a torrent which hasn't been uploaded yet and got to the tracker a long time after... at least I can't remember a situation like that)

Speed
    is also a factor, but, as I said, it's not the main one
    I enjoy high speeds, but sometimes I add a torrent to my client which I would probably use it in a week\month\x time after it has been snatched

Design, yea, I would also like the tracker to have a nice and pleasant design
    The design usually gives me a first impression of the tracker, and also attracts me to use it (if it's a good design, of course)
    I would always like to have a nice design in the tracker I use, it's just nicer that way

That's a nice poll, I like it

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Picked rarity but content is close contender. I wouldn't not use a tracker because it isn't rare but I like feeling a bit more private about what i download which is why I value rarity.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Got some excellent and detailed responses such as the one DyNast post. Hopefully will get more of these.

I find the result of the poll so far to be quite interesting. Was expecting content and speed to be up there at the top, but was rather shocked so few care about security issues, as for me that was right up there with the forums.

Edit: thank you KinkyAfro for your honesty. I was wondering who'll be the first person with enough integrity to admit caring about rarity.
    Last edited by pro267; 01-19-2008 at 06:06 PM.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Got some excellent and detailed responses such as the one DyNast post. Hopefully will get more of these.

I find the result of the poll so far to be quite interesting. Was expecting content and speed to be up there at the top, but was rather shocked so few care about security issues, as for me that was right up there with the forums.

Edit: thank you KinkyAfro for your honesty. I was wondering who'll be the first person with enough integrity to admit caring about rarity.

I was surprised about the members and good staff comments as I rarely post in forums on trackers other than helping thru pm if some ask . Mabye I'm missing something and should check it out more .

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Content, forums, friendly staff

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    security
    content
    speed
    and a nice and friendly forum.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Content for me, speeds help when we have rush.
    Similar poll here:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...tracker-206344

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I missed your poll 0Ri0N when searching the forums, and it does seem somewhat similar although it was conducted ~6 months ago. Thank you for the pointer, and in fact it may be quite interesting to see how views of members have changed during that period.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I have to say content as well. If it wasn't for the content being different, I would be quite content with one tracker for movies, one for music etc.

Friendly staff and community come as close second and third though as well as security i.e knowing I won't get threatening letters for upping something. There aren't that many good trackers that would allow me to up with my measly up speed, which hopefully is subject to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast