Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ScT banning Polish IP's too

titofat's Avatar The Dark BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    bad news

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by titofat View Post
    bad news
    how so? for the rest of the users and staff, its the best news.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinon View Post
    You can't blame Israelis for cheating. The infrastructure in Israel is very poor, Plus ISPs that limit ports, and the way over priced high speed connections, make it impossible to maintain a ratio of even 1, without cheating.
    from this post you get smth like: the ISP's are forcing us to cheat, blame them ,not us. Really ,it's shameless to even try excusing cheating. If every user with a bad connection would cheat BT would go to hell

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    PRINCE's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ohhh
    really iam sad about this news
    but must be add limit about cheating

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Yinon's Avatar Pointless line BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    You can't blame Israelis for cheating. The infrastructure in Israel is very poor, Plus ISPs that limit ports, and the way over priced high speed connections, make it impossible to maintain a ratio of even 1, without cheating.
    from this post you get smth like: the ISP's are forcing us to cheat, blame them ,not us. Really ,it's shameless to even try excusing cheating. If every user with a bad connection would cheat BT would go to hell
    you can blame Israelis if you like to, but that would be awfully unfriendly.
    Last edited by Yinon; 02-18-2008 at 01:30 PM.
    -------
    A bitme.org invite is highly welcomed (:

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    the problem with your statment is, that there are many countries who have a much worse infrastructure and even worse internet connections.
    suprisingly enough there isn't a significant high amount of cheaters in those countries.

if you're telling us that the only possibilty for israelis to maintain a proper ratio in bittorrent trackers is to cheat, you're not doing your fellow countrymen a favour.

last time i checked israel wasn't a third world country. it has one of the highest household broadband penetration rates in the world, building on even higher internet penetration.

so do not tell anyone that israelis have to cheat! that's pure nonsense and you know that very well.

rather than finding lame excuses you should try to do something about the cheating mentality that many israelis have.

before a whole bunch of people from israel call me a racist or whatever - i didn't make the statistics that prove those facts.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-18-2008 at 01:38 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Nobody has to cheat. Even when I was on a 56k modem I kept a good ratio at Elite Torrents. Used it a hell of a lot too.
    Now go away.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Living Dead BT Rep: +2
    About Israeli users - https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...use-ban-271702

And, well, I don't care about ScT banning PL users even if I'm Pole, because I don't have an account there, and I don't need it anyway... Let's just hope, that other trackers won't ban PL users (SCC does, but they unbaned PL ip's after some time)... Or, hey! Maybe PolishTracker will do that too?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    for BCG its Brazil that are the worst culprits, then Israel.

and saying that Israel only cheat because your internet is crap is rubbish.

We used to have an Israeli Uploader, and he was cheating on his own uploads, as was his entire invite tree.

but saying all that, we dont ban any countries on BCG, but the cheaters and the dupe accounts is why we are staying closed for now.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    i thinking we should add .pt .ro .br .in to the ban list next
    That would be really bad news and I hope the staff of SCT won't get to that.
    Live long and prosper.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast