Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Where can I download Lost, the TV series?

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    why, what, where, why, what, where, why, what, where, why, what, where, why...thats the whole storyline of lost.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    First of all you make it sound as if this is some kind of highly intellectual show and I seem to be the one that's just not getting it.
    I'm sorry but Lost is meant to be popcornesque entertainment, or at least it was intended to be. Maybe you feel different about that but i think that is something you personally feel, and doesn't need to be so.

But apart from the fact that it migh or might not be intellectual, I am indeed referring to the fact that at some point in the series the writers didn't have a clue why, what, where, why it all was happening.
    Now maybe most of the viewers didn't notice that but I did (long before the writers officially admitted they didn't have a clue anymore).

Indeed there are some answers that are given, but the amount of new mysteries that pop-up was imho very frustrating at some point.
    Spoiler: Show

Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    All the answers will come. Of this I am certain and to give them to us now would render the rest of the story redundant when the show strives from strength to strength.
    I hope you are right but I don't think you are in a position to guarantee that fact, or you must be some guy that can put pressure on the writers/producers .

Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    More to follow.
    Looking forward to it.
    Nobody said you were stupid, mate. I'm quite sure you're intellectually equipped to view the show on whichever level you chose to watch it. Popcorn and highbrow drama are not mutually exclusive. I think Lost has proven this. Just to browse some of the speculative forums scattered around the interweb is testament to the density involved with the show.

The show has encountered some practicality issues, no doubt but given the nature of TV, these, I think were unavoidable.

As far as getting the questions answered appropriately and putting pressure on the writers is concerned, I don't need to. I've got about 5 million Lost geeks on the internet to do that for me. The writers are very receptive to the fans. More so than any show I've ever seen. They know that unless they satisfy the audience, they'll have a fucking nerd-quake on their hands. They'll have to take their families into hiding if they don't deliver. We'll have this conversation again in 2010 and we'll be in a better position to argue about it.
    Last edited by chalice; 05-19-2008 at 05:48 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I'll make sure I'm here at the back of eight to see how it pans out.

I'm swithering between Chalice's "it's genious" position and the equally compelling Disme's "load of shite" stance.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    I'll make sure I'm here at the back of eight to see how it pans out.

I'm swithering between Chalice's "it's genious" position and the equally compelling Disme's "load of shite" stance.
    Fuck sake, just watch it.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    I've got dishes to do before Mrs JP gets in. Too much time fannying about with you on the internebs today.

Thank fuck I went for a haircut (No 4) or I'd be in real trouble.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Although I like your description of our discussion I don't think it's a complete 'load of shite'. It's actually quite good but it also needs a terrible end to make it worth while watching for all those years.

It's like Chalice said...just watch it and than you can discuss it with us.
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. Lounge   -   #67
    I was just distilling the discussion to it's essential element.

I'll get back to you for the discussion when I've watched 60 hours of television.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    @challice: when you've got 5 mins spare, please make a DVD for me, "the best of lost"

cut out all the hours n hours n hours of pointless crap just leave the important facts of the whole 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th series so far k'thnx.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I'd be interested in watching an edited version without all the flashbacks, tbh :sacrilege:

10. Lounge   -   #70
    For all you Attention Span Deficit Disorderlys, here's the abridged version.

All You Need To Know About Lost In 4.24 minutes.

For those who actually want to watch the show from the start, I'd give this vid a wide berth If I were you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpc60JyAnl4[/youtube]

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast