Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your own levels of rarity

kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quality is always more important than rarity obviously but it can't stop me from wondering what sites that I don't have access to are like.
    But then again I'm not going to spend my life worrying about it either.
    i used to wonder what a $200 kobe steak tasted like.....nothing special

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    members say supply and demand lol

But without this thread there would be no demand for the High level trackers, maybe F** but other than that, i cant see it myself.

and the supply is done on this thread as well, very little supply = a lot more demand (or it seems that way).

And as you can see, we have taken about 9,000 members in the last month, but thats because we have actually limited it to that with the way we take registrations now. so the supply is there, because their are open spaces, the demand is there because members are getting in.

So the supply and demand is on trading and selling, thats all the supply and demand is, and as that is against every tracker thats lvl 4 and aboves rule(and maybe some lower than 4 as well) then this thread goes against the very trackers rules, which is why a lot of trackers hate FST and this thread.)

Sorry, just telling it like it is.

wether you like it or not, this thread, encourages trading and selling.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    members say supply and demand lol

But without this thread there would be no demand for the High level trackers, maybe F** but other than that, i cant see it myself.

and the supply is done on this thread as well, very little supply = a lot more demand (or it seems that way).

And as you can see, we have taken about 9,000 members in the last month, but thats because we have actually limited it to that with the way we take registrations now. so the supply is there, because their are open spaces, the demand is there because members are getting in.

So the supply and demand is on trading and selling, thats all the supply and demand is, and as that is against every tracker thats lvl 4 and aboves rule(and maybe some lower than 4 as well) then this thread goes against the very trackers rules, which is why a lot of trackers hate FST and this thread.)

Sorry, just telling it like it is.

wether you like it or not, this thread, encourages trading and selling.
    if you spend a little time in almost any trackers irc or forums (the ones that allow invite giving/requesting) you will eventually learn about all of those weirdo sites that not too many people can get into. it is also a safe bet that when these tracker names are being thrown around there will also be some mention of how hard it is to get into them...and so the hunt begins.

at some point, i made a trade to get into what is now my favorite tracker. i know it is against site rules and bla bla bla but it took what it took and i dont regret it at all.

human nature trumps levels ten-fold

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well how often do you here members even just talking about sites that are not in this thread, like the ones that are in the post all private and public sites in here thread.

What gives a tracker something to get in this thread in the first place, i dont know, and i didnt even know we were in it till the middle of last year, when i came back onto here after a long absence.

So i did not give my consent for us to be on there, or was asked at all for that matter.

Its like the trackers are in this list, are the only trackers that matter, when there are many more out there, including tose in the post public and private trackers, that are probably just as good or even better than some trackers in this list.

I just think that a tracker listing on rarity is daft, what is it for exactly, its not just to give members that are in them a bigger e-penis, even though it does do that as well. to me its just a pointless thread.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well how often do you here members even just talking about sites that are not in this thread, like the ones that are in the post all private and public sites in here thread.

What gives a tracker something to get in this thread in the first place, i dont know, and i didnt even know we were in it till the middle of last year, when i came back onto here after a long absence.

So i did not give my consent for us to be on there, or was asked at all for that matter.

Its like the trackers are in this list, are the only trackers that matter, when there are many more out there, including tose in the post public and private trackers, that are probably just as good or even better than some trackers in this list.

I just think that a tracker listing on rarity is daft, what is it for exactly, its not just to give members that are in them a bigger e-penis, even though it does do that as well. to me its just a pointless thread.
    my personal experience...

i used to use btjunkie to search for torrents. the problem with btjunkie was that it indexed torrents from alot of private sites. whenever i searched for a torrent, the only good one with a decent seed/leech ratio were on revolutionTT. I didn't even know what a private site was back then. i had no way of getting on this site though because it was not open signup and i didnt know this forum existed. one night, i was searching on google about DRM and found this forum. after a few weeks of being here i was able to get into the invites section and look for RevTT.

ive never been on a search for high-level trackers...it simply does not interest me all that much. there are tons of trackers out there and i dont have the patience or the means to find all of them and try them out. i use the WTAW and WTO thread to get a better perspective as to what types of sites there are out there and the quality they have to offer. if it wasn't for FST i would never have known about bcg...i probably wouldn't have even known that there were dedicated game trackers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ok, but why have rarity levels in the first place.

you could have found that out in the WTO thread. but from what i can remember, some trackers that are in the WTO thread are not in this thread and Vice versa, wonder why that is?

i still think that having this list si a waste of time and space, and lets be honest, not many members see the [#] next to the name, all they see is the lvl its at.

and dnt you think those at the highest lvls dont want just anyone in, or even knowing about the site, but they are still up there, and it also puts them on a pedastal as well.

If the WTO thread was done on the [#] and there was no rating lvl, no one would want the lvl 10 tracker, or most of the lvl 5-9 trackers either if truth be told. because they would be down the list on that lvl 6-7 not lvl 9-10.

and i have to say the even [#] rating is a bit screwed, i dont see any that are rated from 1-5 i think the lowest is 6, so why not have it a 1-5 rating.

but whatever I or anyone else says will not change the way its done, i still think is utterly pointless though lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Well if a tracker is rare, it is considered elite among most of bt'ers even though it may have crap pretimes, pathetic speeds.

And sorry to say, few people have started their trackers recently just because they want to see them higher in tracker list. I mean what else their intention would be by keeping userbase less than 2k.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    it's not my intention to encourage trading or selling,i just like to chat about BitTorrent and the levels of the sites are a part of it
    How are you guys doing today?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    well i havnt put much thought into this, but the way it should be done, is 1 thread.

i dont think we can do html tables in the posts, ive tried before and it didnt work. but it should be something like, but formatting this will be a bitch. btw we can skip rarity for me, but putting it in there to make some others happy lol tracker name will be linked to the review as well.

Tracker Name..Content..Pre times..Speed..Seeds..Leechers..Members..Rarity.
    Blah blah blah .......8...................6.......6........3000........450.............5000............7....

and keep going down like that.

Maybe even add

Open
    yes/IO/SO/NO

yes is open signup
    IO is Invite only
    SO is staff can only give invites
    NO is no invites and no hope of getting in.

Going to post this now, no idea on how it will look though lol
    Last edited by stoi; 05-20-2008 at 01:53 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    stoi, why dont you make that? if you keep it updated it will probably get stickied. even if you just make it, someone else would surely keep it updated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast