Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Best Tracker for movies?

G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    12,000+ DVDs on usenet using Giganews as your usenet provider, which will do me

And certainly never any speed issues!
    DVD or Xvid?
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3821/fsc1bc9am5.png

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
    12,000+ DVDs on usenet using Giganews as your usenet provider, which will do me

And certainly never any speed issues!
    DVD or Xvid?
    That's just DVDs, XviDs & DivXs you can multiply exponentially (factor of 10 wouldn't be far off the mark, prob higher).

Giganews now has 8 months retention, I can grab a DVD off giganews usenet & seed back at ScT before the main swarm has even started (if I wanted to of course - I never do though - it's just a speed comparison), and I can max my seedbox 24/7 never mind my home connection

If you really do want more info, then ask in the usenet forum here, having done usenet for 10+ years & torrents for 5 years, even if I put all the torrent sites together it doesn't match up to usenet, and if I said over half of a million MP3 albums then all your music is taken care of too.

The best thing about torrents is not the scene content, but user content, FLAC, untouched DVDs & DVD rips of rare shit etc, strange little apps that are kept alive at unusual places such as pro audio torrents and Audionews etc.

If really interested, keep the topic going and I will answer
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    When you guyz talk about usenet, i always remember my terrible experience with usenext, it was such awful that i havent even used 9 gb quota of mine at that time... Didnt have time to use giganews though, maybe i will nowadays

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force View Post

DVD or Xvid?
    That's just DVDs, XviDs & DivXs you can multiply exponentially (factor of 10 wouldn't be far off the mark, prob higher).

Giganews now has 8 months retention, I can grab a DVD off giganews usenet & seed back at ScT before the main swarm has even started (if I wanted to of course - I never do though - it's just a speed comparison), and I can max my seedbox 24/7 never mind my home connection

If you really do want more info, then ask in the usenet forum here, having done usenet for 10+ years & torrents for 5 years, even if I put all the torrent sites together it doesn't match up to usenet, and if I said over half of a million MP3 albums then all your music is taken care of too.

The best thing about torrents is not the scene content, but user content, FLAC, untouched DVDs & DVD rips of rare shit etc, strange little apps that are kept alive at unusual places such as pro audio torrents and Audionews etc.

If really interested, keep the topic going and I will answer
    WOW, i have really missed the boat on this one. I have heard of Usenet but was always of the belief that it was slow to pick up 0day stuff (like days slow).

So do i just pay the monthly fee of $19.95 or what ever and i get access to all of there movies etc?

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Well, I know my ISP (Comcast) provides free access to Usenet through GigaNews.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    yakz091's Avatar The Encapsulator BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i can say that tti has the best collection i have ever seen on any torrent tracker, except for demonoid which has some crappy speeds.
    next comes kg and cinemageddon for rare non-mainstream stuff.
    while ptn and tc.eu are still growing but they are doing pretty well.
    i hope ptn emerges out the winner in few months time.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    I use Giganews as well, by far the best. And Sgt. I couldn't believe it the other day when I got the email about the retention, a nice jump from 200 days (which I believe was the best out of all the others) to now 240 days.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    ^ Agreed, Giganews is hands down the best provider I have ever used.

And, of course, Giganews has all my movie needs covered.

I consider myself somewhat of a minimalist (meh not really) and I use Usenet for mostly HD, but also DVDrs and XviDs. However, sometimes I can't find stuff on Usenet (which is rare, considering I don't put in a request for it) and usually it's on KaraGarga.

And yes, eight months of retention is crazy.

Never any speed issues, don't have to seed back (it makes me feel good inside knowing that I made the right choice with Usenet because my download speed is 1.7mb/s and upload around 40kb/s), and NZBs.

Now if only it was possible to be able to pre things on Usenet

Think about it .. and I was thinking about this the other day ..

Why is it that topsites and torrent sites get busted while Usenet lives on? Usenet has a backbone of about 1000000000000TB (maybe I'm making that up, but trust me thats a lot) and nothing happens to them .. and Usenet's backbone is obviously and most definitely bigger then any dump site I have ever been on.

Take that.
    Don't PM me for invites.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    ^ Agreed, Giganews is hands down the best provider I have ever used.

And, of course, Giganews has all my movie needs covered.

I consider myself somewhat of a minimalist (meh not really) and I use Usenet for mostly HD, but also DVDrs and XviDs. However, sometimes I can't find stuff on Usenet (which is rare, considering I don't put in a request for it) and usually it's on KaraGarga.

And yes, eight months of retention is crazy.

Never any speed issues, don't have to seed back (it makes me feel good inside knowing that I made the right choice with Usenet because my download speed is 1.7mb/s and upload around 40kb/s), and NZBs.

Now if only it was possible to be able to pre things on Usenet

Think about it .. and I was thinking about this the other day ..

Why is it that topsites and torrent sites get busted while Usenet lives on? Usenet has a backbone of about 1000000000000TB (maybe I'm making that up, but trust me thats a lot) and nothing happens to them .. and Usenet's backbone is obviously and most definitely bigger then any dump site I have ever been on.

Take that.
    I think i am going to have to jump on this bandwagon. So what do i do? Do i just pay the $19.95 a month?

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    GXice's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Usenet is excellent, but I often find it too hard to find NZB's of what I want. I can use sites like NZBsRus, where they post pre-made NZB files, but when using a place like Binsearch where you have to select about 100 files to create an NZB, thats where it gets confusing for me.

I guess if NZB's were as easy to find as torrents, I would use Usenet more. Any tips?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast