View Poll Results: Should I say hell with vista and go back to XP pro?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

79 72.48%
  • No

30 27.52%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Go back to XP or keep vista?

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if u are planning on timetravelling to older OS' , then why not Win95 ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckIEE View Post
    vista sucks
    Thank you so much for such an erudite and expansive post.
    Muppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    I vote XO too.

As I type I'm installing XP on my new vista laptop. I like performance in my computers, but I'm kinda funny tat way.
    I'll say you're funny - performance preferred so laptop it is!
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    xp :p

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    MaaxHimself's Avatar ‡ Borat Sagdiyev ‡ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    YES, thats exactly what I did.
    Vista blows, if you dont want XP go linux.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Thank you so much for such an erudite and expansive post.
    Muppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    I vote XO too.

As I type I'm installing XP on my new vista laptop. I like performance in my computers, but I'm kinda funny tat way.
    I'll say you're funny - performance preferred so laptop it is!
    lol. I need a laptop for school, so I want it to be as fast as it can for as little as possible.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    i prefer vista, because it is more faster and there isnt so big problems about programs, most of them working perfect

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Some super-useful people in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by S!X View Post
    I've been running a non-legit vista ultimate release for sometime now and have been getting really fed up with them, not only cause they won't hold activation but it seems to get sluggish really fast after a reformat. Due to these factors, i'm contemplating wether to reformat with vista for the 100th time or partition my drive, throw all my files on there and reformat with XP (which I have a real key for). What do you think?
    Depends on what you use your computer for and what your system is like, really.

Most of this should be stating the obvious, but just in case:

You'll probably get more speed out of XP Pro irregardless, even if it's the 32-bit version running on a 64-bit system.

What Vista has over XP is being able to use RAM over 4GB at all, and RAM over 3GB "well", and 64-bit support (I hear the driver support for XP 64 can be dodgy). Oh, and dx10 without resorting to something homemade to get it working.

It does seem to get sluggish pretty fast, not sure exactly why that is, yet. Maybe it needs a third party defragger and a separate partition for pagefiles, and getting rid of all tempfiles and other junk from updating at even intervals, and shutting a shitload of unnecessary stuff down, obviously.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Some super-useful people in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by S!X View Post
    I've been running a non-legit vista ultimate release for sometime now and have been getting really fed up with them, not only cause they won't hold activation but it seems to get sluggish really fast after a reformat. Due to these factors, i'm contemplating wether to reformat with vista for the 100th time or partition my drive, throw all my files on there and reformat with XP (which I have a real key for). What do you think?
    Depends on what you use your computer for and what your system is like, really.

Most of this should be stating the obvious, but just in case:

You'll probably get more speed out of XP Pro irregardless, even if it's the 32-bit version running on a 64-bit system.

What Vista has over XP is being able to use RAM over 4GB at all, and RAM over 3GB "well", and 64-bit support (I hear the driver support for XP 64 can be dodgy). Oh, and dx10 without resorting to something homemade to get it working.

It does seem to get sluggish pretty fast, not sure exactly why that is, yet. Maybe it needs a third party defragger and a separate partition for pagefiles, and getting rid of all tempfiles and other junk from updating at even intervals, and shutting a shitload of unnecessary stuff down, obviously.
    I tossed in a 4GB flash drive for readyboost and completely removed my page file. Vista worked great.

Only reason I reverted back to XP was I needed to use some older programs that would never be updated to Vista. And, I gotta say, I miss Vista. Gonna be installing Vista Ultimate 64bit once I get my E7200 installed.

Vista + large music collection = sex.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I still prefer XP pro , I think it's faster on my systems . I'm using XP Indego 9 on one computer and Black XP 19 on the other .

I wonder if its the performance tweak that's included ?

PERFORMANCE TWEAK: CORE OS & KERNAL RUNNING IN RAM

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    xp ftw

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast